: This popular offer is still available.
has EMSCO Group 24"x20" Resin Raised Patio Garden Bed w/ Casters
(2345D) on sale for $19.98
. Choose free store pickup to save on shipping. Thanks DonV1962
You gave rep to DonV1962 for this post.
DonV1962 posted this deal. Say thanks!
Give Rep Points
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- Good price on a highly rated planter with 4.5/5 stars based on 90 reviews.
- Self-contained watering system automatically waters plants, holds up to 2-Gallon and has drainage holes to prevent over watering.
Written by DonV1962
Edited April 30, 2017
at 05:08 PM
EMSCO GROUP 20-in W x 24-in L x 10-in H Earth Brown Resin Raised Garden Bed
- 24-In X 20-In Surface Growing area
- Ideal for Patio and Deck Gardening
- Self-contained watering system automatically waters plants, holds up to 2 gallons and has drainage holes to prevent over watering
- Aeration and watering system -aeration screen, water reservoir, fill tube, overflow hole
- Self-contained watering system automatically waters plants, holds up to 2-Gallon and has drainage holes to prevent over watering
- High Density Resin design will not rot and decompose like wooden versions
- Casters allow for easy movement to ideal location
These are exactly the same thing as the City Pickers branded version of the container that was on sale from Home Depot for the same price but the deal has expired expired. Very popular deal and very popular item. It's only available in the brown color and price is for store pickup at a B&M location.
Grabbed six of the City Pickers last year and just had a blast using them and it has made some fresh vegetables way easy. The big bonus is the wicking watering system that works very well. Plants grow fast, healthy and strong. Do follow the direction to the T if you do want success. The directions can be seen here and will give you some idea of how the system works.
These things are well loved get 4.5 to 5 star reviews with this one being kind of typical. See the second attached picture from this owner to see a real world example of what you can expect.
've tried container gardening before, with no success. Yields were poor and the containers required constant attention. My brother recommended these so I bought two and planted three tomato plants in each, plus two bell peppers in one and two cucumbers in the other (a total of five plants per container). As can be seen from my photos, five plants is too much for these containers! The growth in just four weeks absolutely blew me away. The plants have uninhibited access to all the water they can use, and I can still go out of town for a few days and come back to healthy plants rather than wilted remains on the verge of death in the hot North Carolina sun.
I followed the instructions exactly, including the trough down the center, with a granular fertilizer marketed for tomato plants. I used regular mulch rather than the included plastic cover (which seems more suited for seeding than store bought plants).
For more information from people here on Slickdeals and their experience and tips using them see:
This years thread with a 89 thumbs up
Last years deal with 109 thumbs up.