To easily remove attachments without breaking anything; just push the attachment back toward the hose with one hand and while THEN using the thumb release(now unstuck) in the other direction to unlock and get it off; so it's now easy to pull off.
Tips: 1. Vacuum!!! New bag, low set, two directions very thoroughly. Stops clogging and fluffs. Finish in the direction that make your carpet stand up the tallest. Use a mid-size plastic comb vigorously on small badly matted areas. Carpet rake on larger matted areas.
2. 1oz (or *half* that for concentrated) Laundry liq.(like He) + 2oz Awesome cleaner PER GALLON. Don't use powder anything. ...
3. PETS/Urine? Use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (Oxy=Pet) for large pet areas; you should spot treat instead. Test a hidden spot first; for carpet color stability on weird carpet. Awesome brand pet sprayer carpet cleaner/oxy is $1 for the spray bottle or mix some.
4. Some do a final rinse only pass with just one cup WHITE vinegar(rinse agent) in 1 gallon tank of hot tub water. Light (16:1) smell evaporates completely and fast. MAY not be completely necessary to do the rinse pass; using the limited soaping(recipe above). "Experts" say rinse; to avoid dirt attraction. Vinegar rinse mix may prevent mold and allergens. Do not combine detergent cleaning and vinegar rinsing in one go.
Reliable advice: http://www.bhg.com/home-improveme...an-carpet/
5. Maintenance: Clean up by suctioning clean water! Clean brushes. Tend to your seals for max suction. Never leave solutions in machine.
6. Stubborn old carpet smells (left otherwise) like old urine? Use Baking Soda *dry*, deep brushed-in and leave it for DAYS! Then just vac.
Dollar Tree has cheap (nice) scented A&H Soda and Awesome cleaner concentrate. $1ea
7. You can boost with hotter heated water but don't over do it with boiling. Special cases. Don't melt your carpet. LOL.
8. Pre-treat concentrate, per stain type (deepest is potentially old urine. Use peroxide dilute and good suction).
9. Use as little wetting (soap pass) as possible. Use steady drying passeS for quick drying.
10. Old and "unclean-able" set-in brownish stains (left) can be ironed out with Peroxide (3% spray) and clean big old white towel (rotated) over for the stain 10 seconds. Repeat numerous times. Use gloves or you'll get white peroxide "burns".
11. Holes can be patched with spare carpet.
12. Whitened "bleached" spots can be color (level/hue/tone) matched with hair color(even coffee); but that's tricky color matching.
Awesome cleaner is basically Propylene Glycol, cheaper than spit ($1), works mixed with a far less expensive, good liquid laundry cleaner (Tide cleaning?) and for a lot of folks. The stores carpet machine cleaning solution, even cheapest found on-sale, most concentrated and lowest per mixed gallon cost (like A&H least evil) are a huge rip-off. Save a lot! Don't try just anything and rinse your machine out well (just suction clean water) when done. In a flat bottom EMPTY tub and pour a thin small amount of water until clean; never deep!