I just tested this out of curiosity and was happy to see that it worked:
If you're a T-Mobile customer and have recently redeemed the $5 T-Mobile Tuesday credit to your Vudu account, it seems that this credit can be used to pay for a Disc-to-Digital conversion
- Make sure that the credit has applied successfully by going to Balance & History in your Vudu account. You should see your promotional credit of $5.50.
- Use the Vudu app to scan the barcode of an old DVD you'd like to convert.
- Select conversion to HD for $5 and checkout.
- It will show that you'll be charged $5. As long as you have the promotional credit, it will cover this amount and taxes up to $.50.
- After checkout, verify that the credit was applied to the purchase in Balance & History.
If you prefer, you should be able to convert 2 DVDs to SD for $2 each (plus tax), and have around $1 leftover (which expires in a week).
If you haven't done a Disc-to-Digital conversion yet, right now your first conversion is free, so you can actually do two conversions today if you have the T-Mobile Tuesday credit.