Customers of Southern California Edison who own or lease an electric car are eligible for a $450 Clean Fuel Rebate. You'll need to provide your SCE service account number and proof of car registration with an address matching the account. The rebate is expected to be available until 2020 but the amount may change after 2017.
(you also apply at this site)
You may apply for the rebate if:
- You are a customer of Southern California Edison (SCE) with an active residential electricity account in SCE's service territory.
- You own or lease an eligible plug-in EV listed on Drive Clean. For this program, EVs include both plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and battery electric vehicles but excludes electric bikes, electric motorcycles, electric scooters and neighborhood vehicles.
- The vehicle, identified by its unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), is registered at the same residential address as the address on your SCE electric service account. Note: your vehicle must be registered to the address associated with the SCE Service Account Number provided in your application. The SCE Service Account does not need to be in your name.
- You have paid the current vehicle registration fees in the State of California and are able to submit a digital copy of your permanent vehicle registration. Please refer to the Sample Supporting Documents for examples of accepted permanent registration copies.
- The full name you enter on the application must exactly match the full name on the vehicle's permanent registration.
- Your eligible plug-in EV has not received three Clean Fuel Rebates throughout its lifetime. Each plug-in EV, identified by its VIN, can qualify for the Clean Fuel Rebate up to three times over its lifetime, but only after a change of possession (i.e., new owner or lessee, as applicable). Each household may receive the Clean Fuel Rebate only one time for an EV, but if you transfer ownership, the new owner (or lessee, if applicable) will qualify for a rebate – as long as the new owner or lessee meets the other eligibility requirements and the vehicle has not reached the maximum of three rebates associated with the EV.
If you have multiple eligible EVs in your household, you may receive a rebate for each vehicle if you otherwise qualify.
This is the site that lists all the eligible vehicles