MicroCenter is selling the Dell U2718Q monitor for $499. This is the newest model released last month and is the consumer version (NOT the UP model). This monitor is marketed with "Dell HDR" which is inferior to true HDR (HDR10 and Dolby Vision) but my understanding is that it still accepts HDR inputs and can output a wider range of colors than non HDR sets. I bought it a couple of days ago and it's stunning. Games and videos look gorgeous on 4K but I can't speak to photo/video editing.
Next cheapest price is $569 on Dell.
- Max Resolution: 27" 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz
- Color Gamut (typical): 99.9% sRGB, 99.9% Rec 709, 80.7% DCI-P3
- Color Depth: 1.07 Billion colors
- Brightness: 350 cd/m² (typical)
- Contrast: 1300:1
- Connectivity: 1 x DP (ver. 1.2),1 x mDP (ver. 1.2),1 x HDMI (ver. 2.0),1 x USB 3.0 port -Upstream, 4 x USB 3.0 ports , including 2 x USB3.0 BC1.2 charging capability at 2A (max)
- Response Time: 5ms (gray to gray)