work for you?
MoviePass [Android or iOS] currently allows you to watch One Movie per day at Participating Movie Theaters for $9.95/Month. Thanks RegretableDLCBuyer
Note, You receive a MoviePass Card in 5-7 Business Days which is used to redeem your tickets at your local participating theater. You may check participating theaters in your area by browsing the Mobile App or Website
Editor's Notes & Price Research
You may cancel your account at anytime which takes effect on the next billing date [more info] without incurring any Early Termination Fees [more info]. At theaters where reserved seating is available, e-ticketing will also allow you to select your seat in advance. These theaters are indicated by a red chair icon. More FAQ may be found here.
No longer available:
Additionally, a 2-Week Trial is available for those interested to test drive this service before making a decision.
YMMV on Paypal usage. I have not had any issues having Paypal as a form of payment.
Quote :Due to heavy traffic, our card processing facility has increased manpower to accommodate the high demand. After hiring more employees and lengthening their service hours, they have drastically increased the number of cards shipped on a weekly basis. In the hopes of delivering your card as close to your sign-up date as possible, cards are created in batches on a first-come, first-served basis. Recently, the manufacturing queue was shuffled, so some of the cards have been delivered out of order. While we work to ensure that processing is fulfilled according to your registration date, some of our more recent sign-ups may receive their cards before some of our earlier sign-ups. There is currently a 2-3 week delay in card delivery. As an added measure, we've opened another fulfillment center that will double our weekly output.
In some markets, we have partners who allow for e-ticketing. You can attend those theaters now without waiting for the card. E-ticketing is voluntary and up to the theaters. Any theater that wishes can be activated with E-ticketing capability.
FINDING YOUR THEATRE
- Using a desktop browser (preferably Internet Explorer), go to www.moviepass.com
- Scroll to the bottom where a theatre map is displayed with default zip code of 10001
- Change the zip code to your zip code and you will see if there are any theatres in your area which are supported by MoviePass
- Go to www.moviepass.com from your desktop browser (preferably Internet Explorer) or from the moviepass app
- Complete your registration
- After successful registration, you will receive an email titled "Welcome To MoviePass" from email@example.com
- Please check your Spam / Promotions / Junk folders also for this email
- If you still don't find this email after a few hours, go to www.moviepass.com/auth/session on your desktop browser (preferably Internet Explorer). Click on Forgot Your Password and get a password reset email
- You will not receive any Shipping Confirmation email from MoviePass
- Please wait patiently for your cards to arrive.
- You can sign up for USPS Informed delivery Digest HERE to know what's coming to your mailbox. You receive a daily scan of your mail coming to your mailbox each morning.
USING MOVIE PASS
- Check your zip code. If you are in Goodrich, MI or if you have Studio Movie Grill theatres in your area, these theatres will show up on the app and you can do e-ticketing
- If you are not in the areas listed in #1 above, you must wait for your card to arrive by mail.
- Folks that signed up on the 15th have started receiving their cards on 21st.
- Once the card is received:
- Use Internet Explorer on your desktop/laptop
- Login to https://www.moviepass.c
om/auth/session If you do not know your password, you can reset it here by clicking Forgot Password
- A small popup will appear asking for the last 4-digits of your card which you received via mail
- After successful activation, you will see your theatres on the app. To select a show and get a ticket, you must be within 100 yards of the theatre. Again, this is only for theatres that are not listed in #1 above
- Again, you must wait for card to arrive by mail
- You can cancel any time with no penalties or termination fees
Theater Loyalty Reward Programs
- The in-app rewards system is only for theaters that have an e-ticketing partnership with MoviePass.
- Cinemark/regal/AMC have physical cards for their rewards. So you can scan/present your rewards card when purchasing your ticket.
Quote :What an exciting week here at MoviePass. The reception of the new price plan was overwhelming! As a new member, we would like to thank you for your support.
On Friday, we were informed by AMC Theaters that they are disabling our members' ability to use e-ticketing at their Boston and Denver locations. This change takes effect today, August 21st, 2017. You will still be able to attend movies at AMC. Simply purchase your ticket using your MoviePass Mastercard at the box office or kiosk.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Your MoviePass card should arrive shortly and you will receive an email once it has shipped. Your membership start date will be adjusted to coincide with the arrival of your card.
The MoviePass Team
We are currently in theater negotiations, so from time to time, some theaters may not be available for ticketing. There will be a daily ticket allotment among theaters with whom we are not partnered. Throughout the day, the app will post ticket availability, so please be sure to check the app for updates.
How are the the tickets allotted?
Ticket allotments take demand and location into consideration, with tickets distributed by morning, afternoon, and evening.
What theaters are not affected by ticket allotments?
The theaters unaffected by ticket allotments are as follows: B&B Theaters, Goodrich Quality Theaters, Studio Movie Grill, MJR Theatres.
Quote :MoviePass Chief Executive Officer Mitch Lowe called the AMC statement "bluster" and said that the only way the theater chain could refuse to work with MoviePass would be to decline the Mastercard debit cards that MoviePass subscribers use to buy tickets.
Quote :This is the second time AMC has fought back against MoviePass's flat-fee approach. In 2011, the exhibitor said its theaters wouldn't cooperate with MoviePass, despite having recently hosted a beta test of the service at some of its locations. That has proven impossible for AMC because MoviePass subscribers use a special card that relies on the same system as the theaters' debit card readers.
To find eligible theaters in your area, visit this page, which displays the results on a map, and loads quickly: https://www.moviepasslo
If you select "theatres" in the app and nothing shows up - it means none of your nearby theaters accepts e-tickets.
you will need to wait for the moviepass card to arrive in the mail and the "theatres" will pop up .
!!! People are starting to receive their cards and are reporting that the theaters are in fact showing up in-app once you activate the card. This should help assuage the #1 worry people are having. !!!
Note: This website is not affiliated with Moviepass.com in any way. The locations were gathered from moviepass.com, but you should check with them directly to verify.
Q - Can I cancel anytime?
A - Yes. No fees attached. https://moviepass.zende
Q - Is Regal and AMC supported?
A - So far from the looks of it, yes. Mainly as long as the theater accepts MasterCards, it is likely to work. Wait for the site to be operational again to check the map to see exact answer.
Q - Can I watch the same movie more than once?
A - Yes. Per twitter, 'you can see your favorite film again and again' (https://twitter.com/MoviePass/sta...252686233
BUT "restrictions may apply link" still says:
You can see only standard 2D screenings."
Q - Can you have more than 1 account per household?
A - Yes.
Q - Can multiple memberships be added to 1 account? (e.g. for spouse or kids)
A - No. Everyone must have his/her own account and his/her own phone to load the app to check in individually.
Q - Is this a scam?
A - https://www.bloomberg.c
Quote :MoviePass currently works with 91 percent of theaters across the country, including AMC, Cinemark and Regal along with independent chains. So, there's a good chance your favorite multiplex is on board.
To cancel, you must notify MoviePass in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one business day prior to the next billing date. Cancellations are not effective until confirmation is sent to you via email, and you are responsible for all charges until cancellation is confirmed
Let see if we can do some trending to figure out when people will get their cards
Signed up Welcome email received Expiration Date in App Location Card Received
9/11 9/11 09/2024 MD 10/5
8/19 8/19 08/08/2024 GA 9/1
8/19 8/19 08/08/2024 GA 9/1
8/18 8/18 08/2024 (no date) AZ 9/1
8/19 - 08/2024 (no date) NJ 9/2
8/15 8/15 08/2024 NJ 9/5
8/15 8/15 08/2024 GA 9/1