Slickdeals Saves U! Apply for our $2,500 Spring scholarships today Learn More
Sorry, this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future. Add Deal Alert for this Item
Forum Thread

Samsung Chromebook 12.3" Plus Convertible Touch Laptop, Like New $296 Free Ship Amazon $296.08

$296.00
+6 Deal Score
8,766 Views
Was looking for this specific Chromebook and noticed Amazon warehouse has "like new" units for $370 with 20% discount at checkout.
Final price came to 296.08 (plus tax)

That's $150 off regular price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-l...keNew=true

The also have Very Good for 349.54 with 20% which comes out to $279.63.

If you are looking for brand new, Best Buy has it on sale for $399 minus $25 edu coupon for $374. Not the cheapest, but the cheapest I could currently find for brand new.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sams...Id=5620405
Share
Good deal?
You gave rep to un_plug for this post.
Thank you!
un_plug posted this deal. Say thanks!
Give Rep Points
If you purchase something through a post on our site, Slickdeals may get a small share of the sale.
Deal
Score
+6
8,766 Views
$296.00
Don't have Amazon Prime? Students can get a free 6-Month Amazon Prime trial with free 2-day shipping, unlimited video streaming & more. If you're not a student, there's also a free 1-Month Amazon Prime trial available.

39 Comments

1 2 3

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Apr 2005
L10: Grand Master
11,498 Posts
1,591 Reputation
#2
$370 here for a used chromebook.
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Aug 2005
L9: Master
5,585 Posts
627 Reputation
#3
No bueno ... you can get an acer 1080p 15.6" chromebook from Costco for $199
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 2
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2011
L10: Grand Master
6,010 Posts
5,126 Reputation
Pro
#4
Quote from purple
:
$370 here for a used chromebook.
As the OP and Amazon listing state, 20% off at checkout. If you want less expensive conditions, check "very good" on the left hand side.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 1
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2007
L7: Teacher
2,813 Posts
1,340 Reputation
Original Poster
Pro
Our community has rated this post as helpful. If you agree, why not rep un_plug?
#5
Quote from Frontierboy
:
No bueno ... you can get an acer 1080p 15.6" chromebook from Costco for $199
Apple to oranges. Costco is non touch screen laptop.

This is a touch screen convertible with Quad HD display made of durable Gorilla Glass 3.
Big selling point with this is ability to work with Google Play store and apps.
Basically makes this a chromebook and android tablet in one.
Reply Helpful Comment? 6 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Oct 2010
Live Free or Move
24,870 Posts
6,261 Reputation
Pro
#6
still need it a bit lower. the Chromebook Plus has been $350 numerous times this year from Best Buy, i would want more than a $50 discount
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Aug 2008
L3: Novice
208 Posts
22 Reputation
#7
How do get the 20% discount coupon on Amazon warehouse deals?

EDIT: NM, I see on warehouse itself.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Mar 2016
L4: Apprentice
370 Posts
29 Reputation
#8
I'd bite for 250, can't justify anything more than that for a Chromebook personally. LMAO
Reply Helpful Comment? 2 0

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jul 2015
L4: Apprentice
340 Posts
482 Reputation
Pro
#9
$370 for used chromebook? I don't see any new version.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Feb 2008
L6: Expert
1,537 Posts
465 Reputation
#10
Keep in mind these newer Chromebooks are pretty much full high-power Android tablets.


They run Android apps now.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2012
L3: Novice
147 Posts
119 Reputation
#11
Quote from frontierboy
:
no bueno ... You can get an acer 1080p 15.6" chromebook from costco for $199
this one has a very nice pen and touch thats why its more expensive. As good as surface pro for note taking
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jun 2005
L5: Journeyman
890 Posts
156 Reputation
#12
I wanted to like this device, but it's pretty much impossible when you factor in its limitations.

I hope you can fit just about everything you want on the 32gb that's built in because the device can't access the microSD memory in Android apps.

It is (allegedly) supposed to be updated at some point to support this, but who knows when. Anyway as much as I wanted to like it I just couldn't considering that fact.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Apr 2005
L10: Grand Master
11,498 Posts
1,591 Reputation
#13
looks like 20% off wont work on any other products.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Mar 2012
L3: Novice
129 Posts
38 Reputation
Our community has rated this post as helpful. If you agree, why not rep appel?
#14
I found (and jumped on) this deal last week. Upon receiving my unit I discovered it suffers from what apparently is a somewhat common problem among the first batch: phantom clicks and touches [youtube.com] on the display.

Bummed out, my first instinct was to just return it, but after some reflection I instead took the 30% refund the Amazon rep offered me and RMA'd the unit to Samsung. If I get the unit back and it still has the issue, Amazon assured me they would refund the remaining 70%. But if it works, I actually only paid about $214 after tax [imgur.com] for this. Just keep in mind that there's a slight gamble in that the return window is 32 days, so be sure to act fast if you go the same route. Also, before talking to the Amazon rep, make sure the Chrome OS version is up to date, make sure you 'powerwash' it, and make sure to try a recovery reset [google.com] (these three steps were required by Samsung before they took it in). Also, beware of using fluids to clean the display as some posts recommend, it could damage the screen and make your device ineligible for free repair.

Hope this helps!

Edit: fixed typos, added 'proof'.
Reply Helpful Comment? 5 0
Last edited by appel October 16, 2017 at 09:15 AM.
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Oct 2010
Live Free or Move
24,870 Posts
6,261 Reputation
Pro
#15
Quote from appel
:
I found (and jumped on) this deal last week. Upon receiving my unit I discovered it suffers from what apparently is a somewhat common problem among the first batch: phantom clicks and touches [youtube.com] on the display.

Bummed out, my first instinct was to just return it, but after some reflection I instead took the 30% refund the Amazon rep offered me and RMA'd the unit to Samsung. If I get the unit back and it still has the issue, Amazon assured me they would refund the remaining 70%. But if it works, I actually only paid about $210 after tax for this. Just keep in mind that there's a slight gamble in that the return window is 32 days, so be sure to act fast if you go the same route. Also, before talking to the Amazon rep, make sure the Chrome OS version is up to date, make sure you 'powerwashed' it, and make sure to try a recovery reset [google.com] (these three steps were required by Samsung before they took it in). Also, beware of using fluids to clean the display as some posts recommend, it could damage the screen and make your device ineligible for free repair.

Hope this helps!
^ now THAT"S a score Applause
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Join the Conversation
Add a Comment
 
Copyright 1999 - 2018. Slickdeals, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright / Infringement Policy  •  Privacy Policy  •  Terms of Service  •  Acceptable Use Policy (Rules)  •  Interest-Based Ads
Link Copied to Clipboard