Edit @ 10/25 7:45AM CST - After receiving feedback, I have changed the deal to $0.80/Gallon in Savings from $1.30/Gallon in Savings as I can't seem to figure out what triggers the $0.50/Gallon in Savings. I would like to note that I received $0.50 in savings on the page for each store multiple times (haven't tried filling up gas yet, saving for the road trip soon).
In case it makes a difference, While signing up for S&S and GiantFoods, my preferred store would be one of the top two in the menu.
Edit @ 10/25 6:48AM CST - After reading comments, played around with it and had variable success. Hope it helps more people now.
When I use google chrome to sign up for steps 5 and 7, I received $0.50 savings but while using safari I only got $0.25. Screenshot attached from this morning itself.
Although when I used google chrome on another desktop for steps 5 and 7, I received $0.25 savings. So I am not sure what gives 0.50 and what gives 0.25 savings!
Now I seem to have exhausted my machines to sign up for Groupon for now, will play with it more at work. But if you would try Chrome for Steps 5 & 7 and give feedback then it would help everyone. I have E-Bates and Hotspot VPN as Extensions (I doubt it has anything to do with it but in case).
So, You can save $0.80 by pilling up on shell bonuses currently active!
(I should note that I found this out by using the previous deals on SlickDeals itself, so kudos to Akki0708 and jeeves10!)
Groupon New Signup bonus = $0.25/Gallon
Stop and Shop bonus = $0.25/Gallon (Previously $0.50/Gallon)
GiantFood bonus = $0.25/Gallon (Previously $0.50/Gallon)
GoldSStatus bonus = 0.05/Gallon
So here is how I did it -
Use any machine and any browser for Steps 1-4:
1. Go to group on, link - https://www.groupon.com/deals/she...ds-program
2. Click on Buy, Select New Customer instead of the sign in and use a fake email(You will need to remember it for the next 2 minutes so don't type in random keys).
3. Click Paypal and redeem the voucher by clicking my groupons, view details, view voucher, reedem voucher.
4. Signup here, use a fake email(You will need to remember it for the next 2 minutes so don't type in random keys) and make sure you put down the alt id as a number you remember because you will be using this at Shell Gas Station.
USE GOOGLE CHROME From Now on:
5. Now use this link to link the fuelrewards account with S&S - https://stopandshop.com/sign-up/
6. It would ask you to log in on the FuelRewards Account and use the email and passwords we just created. Then click on Savings on the main menu, then Rewards and Program, Scroll down to Gas Rewards, Click Sign in and Voila you just added $0.50/Gallon Savings.
7. Now repeat step 6 after linking with GiantFoods using this link - https://giantfood.com/sign-up/
And You now have $0.80 in Savings.
A few notes:
- Groupon did not let me sign up for more than 2 accounts for the 0.25 signup bonus, so I changed the browser (Safari to Chrome) and it let me sign up for 2 on chrome as well. Then I changed the computer and so on (I used desktop, laptops, office computers and more)
- It is not as much work as you might think it is. And for people who always go for a full tank or are going on road trips this would effectively save you more than $11 (assuming you fill in 14 gallons at a time).
- The key is to make a note of Alt IDs for future use and for email addresses just add a number everytime you need a new email address (I use email@example.com
, and so on!)
- I am from Arkansas and if you are here too, you can save another $0.05/Gallon by filling on Wednesdays (Football Season - Razorbacks Play on Wednesdays)!