For today (500th anniversary of Luther vandalizing a door), ChristianAudio.com is offer the audiobook "Meet Martin Luther: A Sketch of the Reformer's Life" free.
Martin Luther (1483-1546) contributed so much to the development of Western civilization that it is not overstatement to declare that he changed the world as he set the Protestant Reformation in motion five hundred years ago. In this brief sketch, you will learn about the exciting historical facts and fascinating events surrounding this Reformer's influential life. Luther's story provides a picture of the gospelan object lesson of faith, grace, and the forgiveness that can be found only in Jesus Christ.
BTW, they also have a free monthly audiobook, "THE WHOLE CHRIST" by Sinclair Ferguson [christianaudio.com]
Sinclair Ferguson leads readers to rediscover an eighteenth-century debate on law and gospel: the Marrow Controversy. After sketching the history of the debate, Ferguson moves on to discuss the theology itself, acting as a wise guide for walking the path between legalism (overemphasis on the law) on the one side and antinomianism (wholesale rejection of the law) on the other.
They are also offering the following reformation books for $5 each on the same page as the free book on Luther*:
- Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
- The Bondage of the Will by Martin Luther
- Foxe's Book of Martyrs by John Foxe
- Reformation Heroes Volume One by Diana Kleyn with Joel R. Beeke
- Why the Reformation Still Matters by Michael Reeves
- Of the Mortification of Sin in Believers by John Owen
- Reformation Heroes Volume Two by Diana Kleyn with Joel R. Beeke
- Faith Alone by R.C. Sproul
- The Daring Mission of William Tyndale (A Long Line of Godly Men) by Steven J. Lawson
- The Legacy of Luther by R.C. Sproul
- The Trinitarian Devotion of John Owen (A Long Line of Godly Men) by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- The Expository Genius of John Calvin (A Long Line of Godly Men) by Steven J. Lawson
- The Mighty Weakness of John Knox (A Long Line of Godly Men) by Douglas Bond
- Reformation Women by Rebecca VanDoodewaard
- A Little Book on the Christian Life by John Calvin
- The Reformation for Armchair Theologians by Glenn S. Sunshine
- The Heroic Boldness of Martin Luther (A Long Line of Godly Men) by Steven J. Lawson
- Confessions of the Reformed Church by The Augsburg, Westminister & Heidelberg Confessions
- The Life and Times of Martin Luther by J. H. Merle D'Aubigne
- The Table Talk of Martin Luther by Martin Luther
- John Calvin by Burk Parsons
- What's So Great About the Doctrines of Grace? by Richard D. Phillips
- John Bunyan by John Brown
- The Necessity of Reforming the Church by John Calvin
- Welcome to a Reformed Church by Daniel R. Hyde
- Luther's Fortress by James Reston Jr.
- Martin Luther by Martin Luther
- Luther for Armchair Theologians by Steven Paulson
- Calvin: Of Prayer and The Christian Life by John Calvin
- Reformation Studies: Issues And Challenges by Dr. John Warwick Montgomery
- John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God by John Piper
- Alone Justified by Faith Alone by R.C. Sproul
- Christian History Issue #34: Martin Luther, The Early Years by Various
- Martin Luther by J. A. Morrison
- Christian History Issue #39: Martin Luther, The Later Years by Various
*Many of these "free" audiobooks are based on text long out of copy write and can be had as free e-books and even free audiobooks elsewhere on the web.