UPDATE (12/18/2017): I purchased and tested this vacuum, then posted a write-up here comparing it to an iRobot Roomba.
Hello, I hope you are doing well.
has Hoover Quest 1000 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Technology
(BH71000) on sale for $279.99
. Shipping is free
Author's Notes about BJ's
Author's Note about the Vacuum
- BJ's Wholesale Club is a membership-only warehouse club similar to Costco Wholesale and Sam's Club.
- Usually, non-members will have to pay a 5% surcharge; however, this product does not have a surcharge for non-members.
- There is no sales tax for people who do not reside in the 16 states in which BJ's does business:Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia.
- Because I do not have a BJ's locally, I opted to purchase at Walmart.com and will file for a Citi Price Protection, just in case I need to easily return the product.
- I have been researching and shopping for a vacuum with WiFi connectivity for the last few weeks, and this is the one I have decided on. Its retail price when it was released in November 2016 was $699.99, and it has since hovered around $450 to $550.
- Its $699.99 price meant that it was comparable to the iRobot Roomba 900 series. This Hoover has features such as smart mapping, which most low-end ($150 - $300) and mid-tier ($301 - $600) robotic vacuums do not have.
- Local Wi-Fi-enabled Quest 1000 can easily be operated and scheduled from all of your devices, making everyday cleaning more convenient
- Hoover app maps your home, so you are able to view, schedule and direct your Quest 1000
- Tri-Clean System utilizes a side brush, an advanced brush roll and powerful suction to effortlessly pick up dirt, dust and pet hair
- Lithium-Ion Technology creates enhanced performance on hard floors and carpet to give you a superior clean
- QuestNav 3.0 Technology provides laser mapping, which enables the Quest 1000 to intelligently navigate your home for the most efficient clean
- When the battery is low, the Quest 1000 returns to the docking station to recharge
- If cleaning wasn't complete when battery was low, it will automatically return to its previous location to continue cleaning.
- Powered by an advanced lithium-ion battery for 120 minutes of fade-free runtime, ensuring your Quest 1000 is always ready to achieve a superior clean
- Powerful suction, durable design and increased power delivers enhanced performance on hard floors and carpet, perfect for cleaning everyday messes throughout your home
- Includes robot vacuum, docking station, power adapter, 2 side brushes, replacement filter, screwdriver, clear furniture pads, cleaning tool, owner's manual
- Warranty: 1 year limited