Ok I know this is a hot item for a number of us and I like you have been glued to SD trying to land a good deal. After missing the Walmart & Costco deal which were good, I settled on being able to get a pair down to about $150 after tax. With that said I kept looking and now may have found the best deal on this item here and wanted to share with all of you.
So there are a couple of YMMV caveats here and will get those out the way first:
- This uses Google Express so depending on where you live and the stores they support in your area this may or may not work.
- Ensure you are a first time user of Google Express OR use a different email account etc.
- Having an AMEX card is a key to saving even more money on this one.
Ok with those out of the way lets go and I will lay out how I got my AirPods today for approx $120 including TAX:
- Go to express.google.com
- Enter your ship to ZIP code
- In the search bar at the top type AirPods and see who in your area shows up, for me it was Target at full price $159.99
- Add the AirPods to your cart and click on the cart to begin checkout process
- At checkout, use this code as a first time user LETSBUY20, valid through Dec 31st 2017 which gives you 20% (up to max of $30) off your order.
This puts you at a checkout price of $129.99 before tax, around $140 with tax (avg).
This is not bad as it is BUT we can make it a lot better with the AMEX piece.
If you have an AMEX card that has AMEX offers (think Blue Cash Preferred, Starwood Preferred, Everyday etc) then go check your offers RIGHT NOW and you should see a Google Express offer for $20 off your $50 (expires on December 28th) or more order, see where I'm going with this.
Add the offer to your card, use that card to checkout at Google Express AND………>DRUM ROLL PLEASE………this, in the example above brings you down to an out the door price of around $120 including tax, free delivery (mine was overnight) which I think is one of the best deals we will find on AirPods for a while.
The last little cherry on the cake is that if you use a Blue Cash Preferred card you also get an additional 1% for your everyday cash back as well, not much but a little extra
So what are you waiting for, get out there and grab this deal QUICKLY as these AirPods were in when I grabbed mine, went out of stock and now are back in now.
If this helps then I would love to get his as a FP deal and help others.