work for you?
Note, must purchase $250 or more and select VISA Checkout as your method of payment. Not yet a VISA Checkout member? Click here to find out. Some deals/offer may require a Costco Membership to purchase.
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Offer valid through March 28, 2018 or while promotion last; enrollment may be limited. Must make a single purchase of $250 or more and pay w/ an eligible VISA Card w/ VISA Checkout. Limit one statement credit per member. Credit will be applied to your VISA account balance approximately 6-8 weeks after the qualifying purchase. Please refer to the forum thread/promotion page for internal discussion/additional terms & conditions - Discombobulated
Quantities are limited. To qualify for the $50 Statement Credit, you must use an eligible Visa card and make a single purchase of $250 or more with Visa Checkout on Costco.com between March 26, 2018 and March 30, 2018. To receive the statement credit, the Account must be enrolled in Visa Checkout. Limit one statement credit per member. Not valid for orders at the online pharmacy, Costco Travel (Costcotravel.com), Costco Business Delivery (Costcobusinessdelivery.com), CostcoGrocery Same-Day powered by Instacart (sameday.costco.com) or the online Costco Photo Center (costcophotocenter.com). The merchandise total in your cart must equal to $250 or more to receive the $50 statement credit. The bonus will be awarded in the form of a Statement Credit, which will be added to your Visa account balance up to 6-8 weeks after the purchase threshold is met. To receive the $50 Statement Credit, account must be active, in good standing, and not in default at the time the statement credit is posted to your account. Visa Checkout is a service of Visa, Inc.
VISA Checkout on Twitter confirmed that any order before 4:45 PST on the 26th would get the $50, but after 4:45 wouldn't.
Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/VisaCheckout/...6458460160
[Per Visa Checkout the promotion quantities were fulfilled and the promotion was no longer valid as of 3:10 pm 3.26.18
If people are getting the error on checkout, check this out:
Quote from RallyR32 :For folks getting errors, here is what worked for me:
Delete and re-add your Visa card to your Visa checkout. Make sure that the billing addresses match as closely as possible.
Hope this solves some problems!
Billing address error ---> Remove your address, remove your card, add your card with billing address. Now it should work.
Additional discussion of what we know or suspect:
- A single order, with 1 or many items in cart totalling $250 or more (possibly before tax) is required.
- Must use visa checkout, and pay with A traditional visa credit card, not a EBT, or FSA visa.
- $50 will show up on your visa card statement, not in cart.
- 1 redemption PER membership and PER Visa card.
- Costco gift cards seem to be eligible (not specifically excluded.)
- Discover has 5% CB category active in March.
This does not qualify as a 'warehouse club' purchase due to the use of VCO (virtual wallet).
Direct purchases from costco.com do, but you will need to call Discover to recategorize the purchase as 'warehouse club' from 'general murchandise'.Quote :To qualify for the $50 statement credit, a Costco member must make a single purchase of $250 or more and pay using an eligible Visa card with Visa Checkout on Costco.com between March 26, 2018 and March 28, 2018. The following Visa cards are not eligible: Visa Buxx, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Visa cards, EBT Visa cards and other Visa-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa U.S.A. payment system.
- Chase currently has 5% CB on purchases made via mobile wallets, ChasePay, ApplePay, SamsungPay, GooglePay, however, VCO is not explicitly listed, so may be excluded.
- When does credit show up? 6-8 weeks is vague.
- You will get Costco's 2% back for your in-store or online purchases at B&M or Costco.com (direct), and is not based on method of payment.
- You will NOT get Citi's 2% back using the Citi Costco Visa, on top of the Costco 2% back. It will not apply to VCO purchases, and may only qualify for the "1% on all other purchases" using the Citi Costco Visa in a Visa Checkout purchase.
Citi's Costco Visa gets you an additional 2% CB for purchases using the Citi card at Costco, as it is paid by Citi to you.
This deal, to Citibank and all other card issuers, is not a purchase at Costco, it is a virtual wallet purchase through VCO.
Chase considers VCO and MasterPass wallets to be virtual wallets, and not specifically mobile wallets. It is doubtful that the current Chase 5% CB mobile wallet category applies to VCO.