Edited July 18, 2018
at 01:52 PM
Hello, I hope you are doing well.
has Ring Alarm Wireless 10-piece Security Kit
for $239.99 with free shipping
for Costco Wholesale members
. (When this thread was initially posted, it was for a pre-order for shipping on 07/13/2018.)
Alternatively, select Costco Wholesale stores also have this product in stock as of 07/11/2018 for the same price. It is recommended you call to ask for availability prior to visiting the store. (store locator [costco.com]
The kit includes
Price Research and Other Kits
- Base Station
- Range Extender
- Motion Detector
- 6 Contact Sensors
Add-ons and Accessories
- BestBuy.com [bestbuy.com] has a $299.99 package that consists of 2x keypads; 2x motion detectors; 3x contact sensors; base station; extender; and solar security sign. (I compared the BestBuy.com to Costco deal here.)
- As of 07/04/2018, the solar security sign may no longer be available.
- HomeDepot.com [homedepot.com] has a 9-piece kit for $249; for $9.01 less at Costco, you'll get 1 additional sensor.
- BestBuy.com [bestbuy.com] has a 6-piece kit for $199.99 (the 6th piece is a solar security sign); for $40 more at Costco, you'll get 5 additional sensors, but you won't get the solar security sign.
- Ring.com [ring.com] has a 5-piece kit for $199.99; for $40 more at Costco, you'll get 5 additional sensors.
- 24/7 professional monitoring for $10 per month or $100 per year (sold separately)
- Author's note: This is significantly less expensive than other monitoring services, and that's the biggest benefit of this system. For a consolidated look at multiple monitoring services, see my post below.
- No contracts and no cancellation fees
- No professional installation required
- Works with Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
- Author's note: Some regions, counties, and cities require registering for a permit to have home alarm security systems. Please check with your local government agency.