Edited July 3, 2018
at 08:57 PM
I post this few weeks ago ($7.99) and I found another seller $8.49 now. Seller has more than 10 units. Last time I post, I guess due to SD effect, price went up after seller figure out someone is buying at faster pace. So YMMV, you can always search WGC10 to find other seller.
So some asked what can this thing do? It can handle few tasks listed below. Read reviews [amazon.com]
for various uses. Sorry haven't test all features yet. I'll admit this is more of a toy than anything else. I'm not sure I need any of the feature when I bought this. You SDer know what I mean.
* Wireless Storage - it can act as a wireless storage (you put in SD card or USB drive). So if you run out of storage on your phone, you can move those video and pictures to this storage on the go, so you can take more shots.
* 2200mAh Power Bank
* Media Server - put in a SD Card or USB drive, load w/ media and share w/ your family on the road. I test it with 8GB and was able to watch a MP4 movie wirelessly. Some mentioned using VLC, I have not test it yet. I read one review someone put a 2TB USB drive and use it as portable video library. I think you'll need a Y cable to hook to another power source, but possible.
* Travel Router - this unit act as a small wifi router. So in a car, it can connect to someone with mobile hotspot and then rest of family connect to this unit. This way family can access the media and still go online. Also in some cases, network game or chromecast may need to be in the same network (for secure reason?).
* Memory Card Reader - kinda given, but it can act as a memory card reader when you hook up to your PC/Mac.
Ok, that's what I can think of now. Sony needs to pay me for advertise for them
EDIT: I read some of the posts and wanted to give some updates:
- The app associated is not very good, but it does allows me to transfer pictures to the SD card wirelessly (test on iPhone SE).
- The software does seems to have problem connecting to wifi after the unit is shutdown and restart. But this is the feature that allows you to access wireless storage wifi (WG-C10-XXXXXX) and still get to internet. May have to "forget" wifi and reconnect.
- Access to its web interface http://192.168.40.1:8080
after connected to its wifi WG-C10-XXXXXX.
- Access to SMB 192.168.40.1 and anonymous (or no login/pw) will mount. It works in ES Explorer (Android) and FileExplorer(iOS). Video playback on VLC works well.