Iris has been pretty popular in SD circles as the hubs, etc have gone on clearance. If you still have an account and hubs in it, you can get $$ back in the form of a prepaid card.
For example, I had 2 hubs and a keypad deemed 'incompatible' -- I redeemed them for $240. Well more than originally paid
Dear Iris Customer:
As a valued customer, we wanted to provide an important update regarding Iris. We have decided to shut down the Iris smart home platform and related services effective March 31, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are committed to providing the resources and support needed as you transition to comparable smart home products.
This email provides important information on the process and resources available for Iris customers. Please do not bring your connected Iris devices back to a Lowe's store.
• We have created an online redemption process that will allow customers who have eligible, connected Iris devices to receive a Visa prepaid card to help migrate to another smart home platform.
• Upon logging into Iris, you will be directed to complete the redemption process using a customized, online tool. You will also be able to access additional information, such as redemption status and support articles.
• All Iris customers need to complete the redemption process through the Iris app or at home.irisbylowes.com/redemption by March 31, 2019.
• The online process is the only way you can receive a redemption for your already connected Iris items. Please do not bring connected items back to the store.
o Customers can return any Iris items they have purchased within the last 90 days that are not connected to the Iris platform via Lowe's normal return policy (see your Lowe's receipt for Lowe's Return Policy details).
o Some customers may find the redemption value exceeds the amount owed via Lowe's Return Policy.
• Many devices used with Iris are compatible with other smart home platforms. For example, SmartThings is a comparable platform to Iris, and to ease the transition, SmartThings' support team is ready to assist you with the migration process.
o Some devices incompatible with other smart home platforms are eligible for redemption.
To find out more about the shutdown of the Iris platform, please read more here.
Again, we are committed to supporting a smooth transition for our Iris customers throughout this process. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to choose Lowe's for your future smart home and home improvement needs.