Last Edited by WeaselWeaz
September 13, 2019
Model # 61010001
Store SKU #1002099291
There are two Genesis II E-310 models with different SKUs, the sale is on the 2017 model only, which retails for $699.97. The version commonly on the floor is the 2019 model for $799 which is not discounted and has a different SKU (1003828075). If you just walk in, say the Genesis II is on sale, and have them ring up the 2019 model the price will not come up. They aren't wrong, that model is not on sale and the average employee doesn't even realize there are two models.
They may look at the Home Depot website to claim it is still full price. Have them look up the correct SKU (not the $799 version) on their handheld units, the clearance price shows up in the store's internal system and not on the HD website.
When boxed the dimensions are similar to 32 x 33 x 26 inches, 165 lbs. It's unlikely to fit in a sedan in once piece but could fit if unpacked and unassembled.
The differences between the old and 2019 models is minimal, per this video[youtube.com].
- Old unit is shorter.
- If you decide to buy the Weber Gourmet BBQ System grates (which has a circle cut out for a griddle, pizza stone, wok, etc) the units have different configurations.
- Old model has porcelain enamel flavorizer bars, new one has stainless steel. You can replace them with stainless.
- Old model has a drop-down shelf. New model has thicker steel for shelves which do not drop down.
- Slightly different handle designs.
- Old model has a black iGrill cap, new one has a gray cap.
- Old model doesn't have a built-in skewer shelf, now model does. You can find the skewer shelf (Weber Elevations) as an add-on which appears to be compatible.