Sorry for posting it in the deal thread but I might as well share this info for Delta Gold card Members.
I received an email last night that my Delta Gold Skymiles Amex card has some "big changes" coming soon.
New Benefits for Delta Gold Skymiles AMEX card members starting next year:
- 2x miles at Restaurants.
- 2x miles at U.S. Supermarkets.
- Spend $10,000 in one year and get a complementary $100 Delta Flight Credit.
Current Benefits going away or changing next year:
- Annual Fee goes from $95 to $99 per year.
- No more MQD waivers(Medallion Qualification Dollar waivers). *Note: If you earn a MQD waiver in 2019 it will still count towards Medallion Status in 2020.
- No more Delta Sky Club Access for this card.
Other benefits like First checked bag free, Main cabin 1 Priority Boarding, and 2x points on Delta are staying the same.
The changes start January 30th, 2020 with the no more MQD waivers starting January 1st, 2020. The link provided is to the Delta official website where it explains the changes.