For those who missed the Frontpage deal from a couple of days ago, Lenovo [lenovo.com]
still has its ThinkPad P73
workstation laptop on semi-annual sale for $1,858.45
with coupon code THINKPADSALE
applied in cart.
• Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
• Operating System : Windows 10 Pro
• Display : 17.3" UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS, anti-glare, 400 nits, Dolby Vision™ HDR. 100% Adobe Color Gamut
• Factory Color Calibration : X-Rite Pantone Factory Color Calibration
• Memory : 32GB (16GB + 16GB) DDR4 2666MHz
• Graphic Card : NVIDIA Quadro RTX3000 6GB
• Camera : IR & 720p HD camera with ThinkShutter
• Keyboard : Backlit Keyboard with Number Pad - US English
• Fingerprint Reader : Yes
• 4-in-1 media card reader
• TPM Setting : Enabled Discrete TPM2.0
• Audio: 2 x 2W speakers, Dolby Atmos™ Certified.
• First Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 PCIe-NVMe, Opal
• Battery : 6 Cell Li-Polymer, 99Wh (Up to 17 hours*, includes Rapid Charging technology** Up to 13.5 hours on a single one-hour charge *Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.)
• Power Cord : 230W AC Adapter
• Wireless : Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.0
• Warranty : 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
• ISV Certification
• Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux certified.
• 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (DisplayPort, Data transfer)
• 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C (DisplayPort, Data transfer)
• 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 always on)
• HDMI 2.0
This configuration looks good to me in terms of price to performance ratio. But your mileage will vary so you can select other options to better meet your needs. If you need more graphics power, you can get the RTX 4000 and 5000 options (must select the 9850H CPU first). I would recommend AGAINST an HDD option though if battery life is important to you. You will likely get a much smaller 57W battery because of the extra room needed by a 2.5" HDD. Lenovo also offers inexpensive warranty options, including sealed battery replacement (for $20 if you purchase 2+ year premium support), accidental damage coverage, etc).