Disney+ (or Disney Plus) is launching in US, Canada and the Netherlands within a few hours
. This announcement is especially for those who pre-ordered earlier, or are getting the service for free through Verizon
$6.99/month or $69.99/year
12th November 2019
Here are the times for specific launch timezones:
Pacific Timezone: 3 AM
Central Timezone: 5 AM
Eastern Timezone: 6 AM
Mountain Timezone: 4 AM
Central European Timezone: 12 PM
See the official countdowns:
(scroll all the way to the bottom)
(middle of the page)
How to watch Display Plus:
According to this link [whatsondisneyplus.com]
, you should be able to get the Display+ app from your device's 'App Store' soon before or after the launch, or just stream from disneyplus.com [disneyplus.com]
Supported devices include:
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Android (Phones and Android TVs)
- Web browsers
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung and LG Smart TVs
Some highlights from the launch lineup:
There's tons of stuff launching on Day 1, but some of the stuff I'm looking forward to is mentioned below:
- LucasFilm's new Star Wars live-action series The Mandalorian.
- All classic original Star Wars films.
- The X-Men animated series from the 90's.
- Avengers: Endgame.
- Iron Man 1/2/3, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Captain America 1/2/3, Ant-Man, and more.
- The first three Toy Story movies.
- James Cameron's Avatar.
- All 30 seasons of The Simpsons.
- The new 'live-action' Lady and the Tramp movie is a day-one Disney+ exclusive.
- So many great animated classics like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.
For a full list, go here [collider.com]
With officially still about 4 hours to go, the service is actually already LIVE on some devices !!
I have an LG Smart TV and I found a 'Disney+' app on it. I logged via the same credentials for d23.com, and voila, I'm able to stream stuff !!!!!