Popular Deal

Everstart roadside kit - $5 Walmart - YMMV

$5.00
+66 Deal Score
30,450 Views
Was at the local Walmart looking for the tool clearances and stumbled upon this. Seemed like a good deal given all that is in the kit. Includes one year road side assistance.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inv...=308448370

As always, your milage may vary with these Walmart clearances. Brickseek says there is none in stock at the store I got this at and there were easily 10 on the shelf.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Everst.../308448370
Share
Good deal?
You gave thanks to ab_belcher for this post.
Thank you!
ab_belcher posted this deal. Say thanks!
Add Comment
If you purchase something through a post on our site, Slickdeals may get a small share of the sale.
Deal
Score
+66
30,450 Views
$5.00

45 Comments

1 2 3 4

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2018
L2: Beginner
75 Posts
44 Reputation
#16
I'd bought one at $11 a week ago. Picked one up and price adjusted the other to this new price last night. Thanks OP!
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 1
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2007
L6: Expert
1,040 Posts
204 Reputation
#17
OOS for me
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 1
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Nov 2016
L4: Apprentice
404 Posts
416 Reputation
Pro
Our community has rated this post as helpful. If you agree, why not thank ?
#18
These kits either have 8 gauge jumper cables, or most likely 10 gauge jumper cables.
That is bad news.
They are good when its a warm day and you need to lightly jump a vehicle with an almost new battery.
They fail in any kind of cold weather.

I sold over a thousand (thousands?)of battery jumper cables for 10 years as part of an auto job in a cold weather state and got plenty of feedback.


Battery jumper cables, the lower the number,the better the cables.
Battery jumper cables should be at least 6 gauge cables.
4 gauge is what you should have.

I gave thhe Op rep points for his/her efforts to post a deal.
Reply Helpful Comment? 5 0
Last edited by empirefalls1 February 10, 2020 at 08:16 AM.
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Apr 2004
Will Work For $lickDeals!
5,160 Posts
2,659 Reputation
#19
Quote from spartanerik
:
These days I don't even recommend jumper cables. Carry a lithium ion battery pack with a jump starter. Saved my ass many times. A lot lighter to haul around, doubles as a phone charger when you're out camping too.
+1. With all the computerized and electronic components in new cars these days, it's also getting harder to find someone that will jump start your car. Some cars don't even have easy access to the battery for jumper cables. Nothing in this set is worth $5, even combined, except for the roadside assistance
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 4
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Nov 2014
L6: Expert
1,724 Posts
153 Reputation
#20
Super deal store said it only had one had two. Stanley literally selling the same thing next to it but branded with their name.
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 1
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Aug 2008
L7: Teacher
2,379 Posts
238 Reputation
#21
Quote from sdpoker
:
Gloves, zip ties, blanket, ropes... Jane knows what to do with it. EEK!
Don't forget the tape!
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2005
Go Gators!
1,458 Posts
1,021 Reputation
#22
Quote from sdpoker
:
Gloves, zip ties, blanket, ropes... Jane knows what to do with it. EEK!
Quote from hmmwv
:
Don't forget the tape!
What about the shovels and gallons of bleach?

I'm actually surprised I've never seen a packaged kill kit on slickdeals yet. We have literally everything we could ever want on here, and we don't need 90% of the crap we buy. The other 10% is crap we were smart enough not to purchase. So much for a site that "saves" you money.
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 5
Last edited by sleepyrx February 10, 2020 at 09:06 AM.

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Feb 2019
L3: Novice
1,310 Posts
254 Reputation
Pro
#23
Quote from sleepyrx
:
What about the shovels and gallons of bleach?

I'm actually surprised I've never seen a packaged kill kit on slickdeals yet. We have literally everything we could ever want on here, and we don't need 90% of the crap we buy. The other 10% is crap we were smart enough not to purchase. So much for a site that "saves" you money.
Red flag
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2011
L4: Apprentice
383 Posts
38 Reputation
#24
Quote from cravi5
:
I learned this the hard way, but the road side through insurance counts as a claim, while AAA does not. I was insurance shopping and they said I filed a $40 claim in 2018 and I said no, could it have been a jumpstart?

She stated yes. So if you have roadside through the insurance (I use Geico) it counts as a claim If you need a jump/gas/flat.

If you use AAA (or I guess this roadside service) they don't notify anyone.

The small claim did impact my rates, though I'm not sure how much.
Oh, thanks for the warning, it makes no sense to call for such assistance to insurance and even less sense to pay extra $ to include assistance to the plan.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jul 2003
Don't need it? Buy it!
3,631 Posts
788 Reputation
Pro
#25
Must need more coffee - I read the title as Roadside Kill $5 !!!!!
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jan 2010
L5: Journeyman
503 Posts
169 Reputation
#26
Quote from spartanerik
:
These days I don't even recommend jumper cables. Carry a lithium ion battery pack with a jump starter. Saved my ass many times. A lot lighter to haul around, doubles as a phone charger when you're out camping too.
Then you have to remember to keep it charged, and in colder climates the battery would die much faster. Always good to have cables on hand either way.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 1
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Aug 2011
L3: Novice
299 Posts
60 Reputation
#27
Quote from RiotPenguin
:
Then you have to remember to keep it charged, and in colder climates the battery would die much faster. Always good to have cables on hand either way.
You can have it plugged into your car via a 12v car charger which is usually included as you drive

The particular one I got is good for four or five jumps depending on the vehicle's demand.
Reply Helpful Comment? 2 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jan 2010
L5: Journeyman
503 Posts
169 Reputation
#28
Quote from spartanerik
:
You can have it plugged into your car via a 12v car charger which is usually included as you drive

The particular one I got is good for four or five jumps depending on the vehicle's demand.
Ah, gotcha. Didn't even think about that.
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2005
Go Gators!
1,458 Posts
1,021 Reputation
#29
Quote from JakeW3302
:
Red flag
Oh! And don't forget about the Dexter style, rolls of disposable tarps.

That's why you also carry around a bag of dirty laundry, detergent, and a couple potted garden bushes & bags of soil, in your trunk. Along with lots of other crap to obscure it. I'm sure the 70's style furniture plastic, completely covering the entire inside of your car, wouldn't raise any red flags.

But I do agree that a full kill kit would be a red flag. Simply buying the anarchist's cookbook at a bookstore puts you on a list (friend worked at a bookstore). So, I could just imagine the reporting on kill kits. It still blows my mind how many people go to walmart/chain stores to buy kill kit items, let alone paying with a CC. I've watched too many real life crime documentary shows, to see just how stupid criminals are (It's why they get caught)
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2004
Im not cheap, just Thrify
1,311 Posts
220 Reputation
#30
Nice. Will check my area tomorrow.

BTW, anyone know the length of the jumper cables? Sometimes these cheap joints come with what would feel like a thick cable but end up being short.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
Page 2 of 4
1 2 3 4
Join the Conversation
Add a Comment
 
Link Copied to Clipboard