Frontpage Deal

Big Red 2-Ton Trolley Jack

$18
$34.99
+ Free S/H
+71 Deal Score
30,912 Views
Pep Boys via eBay has Big Red 2-Ton Trolley Jack (T82002) on sale for $17.99. Shipping is free. Thanks thegreatfixer

Note, refer to the forum thread for additional deal ideas.
Share
Good deal?
You gave thanks to thegreatfixer for this post.
Thank you!
thegreatfixer posted this deal. Say thanks!

Editor's Notes & Price Research

Written by

This professional quality high-lift floor jack is ideal for lifting cars, trucks and SUVs safely at home or on the road. Its designed with a safety overload system to prevent use beyond rated capacity and 360 degree swivel casters. If not satisfied, item carries a 60-day return policy. After receiving the item, contact seller within

Add Comment
If you purchase something through a post on our site, Slickdeals may get a small share of the sale.
Deal
Score
+71
30,912 Views
$18
$34.99
About the OP
Send Message
Pro
Joined Jul 2005 Only in America
2,456 Reputation Points
252 Deals Posted
1,654 Votes Submitted
6,842 Comments Posted

Community Wiki

Last Edited by Marlin1975 March 16, 2020 at 04:53 AM
Use the jack only to get a vehicle off the ground, never to hold a vehicle in place.

Use jack stands when you work underneath your vehicle. People have been crushed to death when vehicles that were improperly secured fell on them.

Never jack up a vehicle without blocking the wheels to keep it from rolling. Use bricks, wooden wedges, or metal wheel chocks to block the wheels at the end of the car that isn't being raised...................

https://www.dummies.com/home-gard...r-vehicle/

86 Comments

1 2 3 4 5

Featured Comments

Ah, natural selection.
24 Helpful?
Please don't. At that point you're safer just using the stock jack from the trunk. Besides, toting around a 40lb+ floor jack for the rare chance of a flat tire is total overkill.

Speaking of overkill, don't even imagine a dense piece of sharp steel flying around the cabin in an accident...

I'm giving your posts a 40% chance of being a troll (a good one!), but I'm replying to the other 60%.
18 Helpful?
yes you can do it but try to do it on flat ground

Use the jack only to get a vehicle off the ground, never to hold a vehicle in place.

Use jack stands when you work underneath your vehicle. People have been crushed to death when vehicles that were improperly secured fell on them.

Never jack up a vehicle without blocking the wheels to keep it from rolling. Use bricks, wooden wedges, or metal wheel chocks to block the wheels at the end of the car that isn't being raised...................
https://www.dummies.com/home-gard...r-vehicle/
17 Helpful?

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users Show Post
HIDDEN
03-15-2020 at 05:47 AM
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jul 2005
Only in America
6,842 Posts
2,456 Reputation
Original Poster
Pro
Our community has rated this post as helpful. If you agree, why not thank ?
#5
Quote from paul86
:
Picked up two, thanks. Both of my teenage sons drive older SUVs (X5 and 4Runner) and this would really help them to change tires.
Sorry to burst you bubble but i would not recommend this for those SUV

the 4Runner Curb weight: 4,400 to 4,805 lbs
Reply Helpful Comment? 18 6
Last edited by thegreatfixer March 15, 2020 at 09:49 AM.
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Nov 2018
New User
11 Posts
17 Reputation
#6
Quote from paul86
:
Picked up two, thanks. Both of my teenage sons drive older SUVs (X5 and 4Runner) and this would really help them to change tires.
It doesn't lift high enough for SUV. only 13 inches.
Reply Helpful Comment? 8 4
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2009
L3: Novice
295 Posts
38 Reputation
#7
Quote from FrankC4852
:
It dosn't lift high enough for SUV. only 13 inches.
It's fine. They carry several small pieces of 2x4 and it will work great with that.
Reply Helpful Comment? 10 8
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2009
L3: Novice
295 Posts
38 Reputation
#8
Quote from thegreatfixer
:
Sorry to burst you bubble but i would not recommend this for those SUV
I have a similar one and it's much better than trying to use a crappy scissor jack.
Reply Helpful Comment? 5 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2010
L42: Omniscient
1,232 Posts
190 Reputation
#9
this'll work just fine with my go-kart NA Miata, ty
Reply Helpful Comment? 7 2
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jul 2016
New User
5 Posts
10 Reputation
#10
I needed one for my car
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 1

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Sep 2014
L9: Master
4,012 Posts
1,637 Reputation
Our community has rated this post as helpful. If you agree, why not thank ?
#11
Quote from paul86
:
It's fine. They carry several small pieces of 2x4 and it will work great with that.
Please don't. At that point you're safer just using the stock jack from the trunk. Besides, toting around a 40lb+ floor jack for the rare chance of a flat tire is total overkill.

Speaking of overkill, don't even imagine a dense piece of sharp steel flying around the cabin in an accident...

I'm giving your posts a 40% chance of being a troll (a good one!), but I'm replying to the other 60%.
Reply Helpful Comment? 25 7
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2012
L4: Apprentice
321 Posts
234 Reputation
Pro
Our community has rated this post as helpful. If you agree, why not thank ?
#12
Quote from paul86
:
It's fine. They carry several small pieces of 2x4 and it will work great with that.
Ah, natural selection.
Reply Helpful Comment? 27 3
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined May 2015
L9001: Lurker
2,712 Posts
357 Reputation
#13
If my SUV has a kerb weight of 3 tons, will one of these 3-ton SUV jacks be enough? Ride height is adjustable, so not really worried about how much clearance the jack can provide
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Dec 2008
L2: Beginner
59 Posts
37 Reputation
#14
I just ordered one. I have a small car and a small garage, so this is perfect for me. I wouldn't try it on an SUV or truck.
Reply Helpful Comment? 1 0
This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users
Joined Jul 2005
Only in America
6,842 Posts
2,456 Reputation
Original Poster
Pro
#15
Quote from texst
:
If my SUV has a kerb weight of 3 tons, will one of these 3-ton SUV jacks be enough? Ride height is adjustable, so not really worried about how much clearance the jack can provide
yes and NO
if you are parked on an incline or slope ANY 3 ton car can overwhelm a 2 ton jack if you are lifting from the low side
to be safe (remember you do not get to pick when and where you need a jack) GET THE 3 TON i posted or ANY 3 ton
Reply Helpful Comment? 2 1
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 5
Join the Conversation
Add a Comment
 
Link Copied to Clipboard