Edited June 14, 2020
at 06:49 AM
Best Buy is offering 50% off the Anker PowerCore Fusion Charger [bestbuy.com]
with built-in 5000 mAh lithium-ion battery. It is on sale for $40. The only other retailer I know that offers this is Apple for $80 [apple.com]
. Amazon sells a new 18W version [amazon.com]
that's smaller and $40, but it doesn't put out sufficient power for laptops and tablets like MacBook Air or iPad Pro, which both prefer 30W. An older 10,000 mAh version appears discontinued, but was available at B&H [bhphotovideo.com]
and Adorama [adorama.com]
, but it only outputs 15W and does not provide Power Delivery. Another older model [amazon.com]
remains available for $30 and offers 5,000 mAh and Micro USB input (in addition to standard wall charging).
Best Buy last offered this model on sale approximately in March 2020 for $40
and last week for $50.
Per the Anker marketing video on Apple's website [apple.com]
, this uses GaN technology.
From Mac Otakara YouTube video [youtu.be]
- Input: standard wall outlet only. It cannot be charged with the USB-C nor USB-A ports that are only for output
- USB-C PD Power Delivery output when PLUGGED IN: 30W (15V/2A, 20V/1A), 27W (9V/3A), 15W (5V/3A)
- USB-C PD Power Delivery output with BATTERY: 15W (5V/3A)
- USB-A output (both plugged in and battery): 12W (5V/2.4A)
- The Verge [theverge.com]
Anker's new USB-C charger / battery combo is amazing but awkward.
- KDML105 YouTube [youtu.be]
- Dwayne Mims YouTube [youtu.be]
From Best Buy [bestbuy.com]
: Ensure rapid powerups using this Anker PowerCore Fusion Power Delivery battery and charger. The 5000 mAh capacity extends your iPhone battery life by up to 23 hours, while the 30W Power Delivery USB-C port and 12W PIQ USB-A port provide rapid charging speeds. This palm-sized Anker PowerCore Fusion Power Delivery battery and charger features a scratch-resistant coating to keep the exterior looking pristine.
- Designed for most USB-C laptops and devices with USB charging capability Including MacBook, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, or other USB devices.
- 5000 mAh rechargeable battery Battery mode supplies up to 23 hours extra battery life for most smartphones.
- Ultimate two-in-one charger A hybrid high-capacity portable battery and dual-port wall charger in one sleek package.
- PowerIQ and Power Delivery technologies The USB Type-A port can provide 12W of power with Power IQ, while USB Type-C offers maximum 30W of power with Power Delivery to charge a MacBook, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, or other USB devices. A full 30W Power Delivery output is available in wall charger mode only.
- Foldable plug Enables maximum portability.
- LED indicator lights Provide at-a-glance battery information.
From Apple [apple.com]
: Delivering two-in-one convenience, the Anker PowerCore Fusion Power Delivery efficiently combines a portable battery with a wall charger. In charger mode, the USB-C port can provide maximum 30W of power with PowerDelivery to charge a MacBook, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, or other USB devices, while the USB-A port can provide 12W of power with Power IQ for easily charging your iOS or other USB devices. In battery mode, the PowerCore's built-in 5000 mAh battery can provide 23 hours extra battery life for your iPhone.
- Portable battery and wall charger combined
- Charger mode simultaneously provides 30W with Power Delivery and 12W Power IQ for rapid charging
- Battery mode supplies up to 23 hours extra battery life for iPhone
- Palm-sized design for easy carrying on the go
- Scratch-resistant coating protects the outer surface
- Model A1622J21-1
- UPC 848061005820
- Height: 1.24 in./3.15 cm
- Length: 3.37 in./8.55 cm
- Width: 3.21 in./8.15 cm
- Weight: 8.78 oz./249 g