I'm sure this will get flamed, but similar to the Tesla vehicle price cuts, Tesla reduced its pricing on solar panels.
- Small: 4.08KW is $10,000 upfront ($2.45/W), $7,600 after the federal tax rebate.
- Medium: 8.16KW is $16,000 upfront ($1.96/W), $11,840 after the federal tax rebate.
- Large: 12.24KW is $23,500 upfront ($1.91/W), $17,390 after the federal tax rebate.
- X-Large: 16.32KW is $30,000 upfront ($1.83/W), $22,200 after the federal tax rebate.
- In SoCal, these price points blow away what I've received in price quotes (lowest ever was $2.49 per watt).
- Tesla will also custom size a system if you prefer something in between (they're currently sizing a 6KW system for me)
- For some solar may not make fiscal sense, but if you live in an area that gets decent sun exposure, I would strongly consider it...especially at these prices.
- I was originally considering Tesla Solar Roof as my roof was also in bad shape. Got a great price quote that was only $4K less than the cheapest solar + re-roof option out there...until Tesla came in and cut prices on solar panels!
- If you own a Tesla, you can refer yourself for an extra $250 off.
I'm a big advocate of clean energy so ping me with any questions!