I just purchased this water heater, normally $1299, for $799 + tax + $75 shipping.
Steps to get deal:
1) Go to above link
2) Change store to zip code 15010(Edit: use Zip 97322 for $699 instead of $799)
3) Select Ship to Home (unless you happen to live close to this store), add to cart.
4) Check out.
1) Federal tax credit of $300. State tax credits vary, in my home state we get an additional $400 (bringing this heater down to $99 + $75 shipping + tax).
2) For many/most, the $75 shipping is worth it even if you can get this price locally as these heaters are quite heavy and supposedly must be transported vertically.
3) Do your homework on these hybrid heaters before purchasing. You need 220V to operate. Installation expense is generally much higher with hybrid electric vs standard electric resistance heaters and gas heaters. Hot water recovery is very slow (but you can switch to standard electric mode for rapid recovery when you know your usage will be high, e.g. having company over). They can apparently be loud, so if this will be located close to a bedroom, important to think about. There are important climate and installation location factors to consider--just google.
4) The newest generation of this series from Rheem, called "Proterra" can be had for $1269, a slight discount compared to full price (15% for my location). After carefully examining specs, photos, etc - it seems that the only difference with the Proterra series is built-in leak detection with auto-shutoff. FYI if that feature is important to you, you can add it for $219:
5) This is for 50 gallon. Looks like if you need 65 gal or 80 gal, the Proterra is actually on sale (whereas the Performance Platinum is full price), making the Proterra cheaper.