Thread DetailsLast Edited by bpvh May 20, 2016 at 01:39 PM
For example, what other information is wanted or what information included below is not wanted.
ink/toner cartridge recycling primer/faq for Office Depot / OfficeMax and Staples (vers. 2016.05.20)
- Office Depot / OfficeMax:
- Value: Up to 200 rewards points per cartridge recycled -- see purchase requirement below.
- Limit: 10 per calendar month - no per day restriction.
- Type: Ink or toner cartridge -- all brands -- OD/OM does not accept damaged cartridges for recycling.
- Purchase requirement:
- To qualify to recycle for a month, qualified purchases of $10 or more must be made in that month.
- Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; gift and prepaid cards; and purchases made with Office Depot or OfficeMax Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates.
- Recycling Rewards:
- Recycling rewards points are paid out monthly together with purchase (standard and bonus) rewards points in the form of a Rewards Certificate.
- Rewards points are paid out in 1000 point increments.
- 1000 points equals $10.
- Rewards Certificates are made available within 30 days after the end of the month in which the rewards points are earned. To date this has meant sometime in the latter half of the month.
- Unpaid out points carryover from month to month until the end of the quarter when they expire.
- Usage: Rewards certificates may be redeemed on purchases (excluding all gift and prepaid cards) at Office Depot or OfficeMax US stores (including Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands), online or by phone.
- Official: 60 days after the date of issuance.
- Effective: The last day of the month 2 months following the month in which they are issued at 11:59 PM Eastern (daylight savings observed).
- Member services:
- Website: www.officedepotrewards.com or www.officedepot.com "Account" >> "My Rewards"
- Email: MemberServices@MyWorklifeRewards.com ???
- Phone: 1.866.562.3872
- Terms and Conditions: www.officedepot.com/a/content/loyalty/rewardtermsandcondition/
- Value: $2 in rewards per cartridge recycled -- see purchase requirement below.
- Limit: Membership Level:
- Standard: 10 per calendar month - no per day restriction.
- Plus ($500 in qualified purchases): 20 per calendar month - no per day restriction.
- Premier ($1000 in qualified purchases): 20 per calendar month - no per day restriction.
- Type: Any used ink or toner cartridge sold at any retail stores in the US.
- Purchase requirement
- $30 in ink/toner purchases in the past 180 days.
- Recycling rewards:
- Issued: Monthly, on a separate rewards certificate from purchase rewards, usually in the middle of the month after the month in which the recycling occurred. The rewards certificate is printable from the rewards site (ink rewards certificates can also be emailed or US Mailed).
- Usage: Recycling rewards -- and purchase rewards -- are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, any purchases made on print.staples.com, documents.staples.com, staplespromotionalproducts.com, staplescustomprinting.btobsource.com, shopstaplesmobile.com, appcenter.staples.com, Staples gift cards, third-party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrialsm purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.
- Online: One transaction - must use full amount of reward check.
- In-store: Two transactions - a balance coupon is issued in-store if rewards check is not used all at once. Balance coupon has same expiration date as rewards check and must be used all at once in-store or online.
- Expiration: Rewards expire the last day of the month following the month of issuance, at the end of the day EST and cannot be redeemed after the expiration date. Expired, lost or misdirected Rewards will not be reissued.
- Member services
FAQ section (vers. 2016.05.20):
Q. Do you have to recycle or make a qualified purchase first? (OD/OM)
A. It does not matter.
Q. Do you have to recycle and make a qualified purchase monthly for Office Depot's Rewards program?
A. Three key points:
--- Qualified purchases of $10 or more in a month are required to allow recycling rewards points to be earned for that month.
--- Rewards points are paid out in 1000 point increments.
--- Unpaid out points carry over from month to month until the end of the quarter when they expire.
Here is an example:
January: Make qualified purchases of $10 or more and recycle 7 carts earning 1400 rewards points. Payout of $10 for January (made in February). The remaining 400 rewards points are carried over to February.
February: Do not make a qualified purchase of $10 or more so not qualified to earn recycling rewards points. 400 rewards points carried over to March.
March: Make qualified purchases of $10 or more and recycle 9 carts earning 1800 rewards points. Payout of $20 (2000 points: 400 carried over plus 1600 earned in March) (made in April). The remaining 200 rewards points expire at the end of quarter.
Q. Where can I get used ink/toner cartridges?
A. Family and friends, neighbors, thift shops, garage/rummage sales, and of course like everything else, eBay.
Q. If I purchase an item with rewards will that purchase count my purchase requirement for recycling?
A. No, to the extent the purchase was paid for with rewards it will not count as a qualifying purchase for the purpose of the recycling purchase requirement.
Q. If I purchase an item with rewards will I earn the standard purchase rewards?
A. No, items purchased with rewards do not qualify as qualifying purchases for the purpose of earning standard purchase rewards.
Q. If I purchase an item that earns a bonus/special reward (100% back in rewards if item X is purchased, $Y back if item Z is purchased) and I purchase that item with rewards, will I receive the bonus/special reward?
A. No, to the extend paid for with rewards (or coupons for that matter).
Warning: Office Depot Worklife Rewards changing June 17
Office Depot Ink Recycling Policy: 20 cartridges per month as of 4/1/2010
Office Depot Ink Cartridge Recycling changing?
Office Max changes their ink recycling 05/10/09 (w/ additional policy changes 1/1/10)
Staples new ink recycling policy changes Starts July 1, 2010
Staples new ink recycling policy changes Starts Feb 1