Note, other retailers are also clearing out the HP TouchPad Tablets. Please check forum thread and wiki post for more information on stock.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-Core APQ8060 1.2GHz CPU
- 1GB DDR2
- 16 or 32GB Internal Storage
- 9.7" IPS LCD (1024x768) w/ 1.3MP Camera
- WiFi N + Bluetooth
- Battery: 6300 Mah
- Operating System: WebOS 3.0
- USB 3.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Complete specs
Price comparison is for the 16GB version
Summary for Sunday, November 20, 2011
Online Stores In-Stock and Live
- (11/9) Walmart: HP TouchPad 32GB $149 w/ Purchase of 1 of 3 HP Laptops at Walmart https://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?
- (11/4) Best Buy B&M: Starting 11/4 in the morning, Best Buy stores have been selling the same bundle which was sold online: 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 with the purchase of a qualifying HP Computer.
- (Same terms and conditions apply for the in-store bundle as the online bundle)
Refer to: Promotional Offer Page , Bundle Info and HP TouchPad FAQ
- (11/14) tigerdirect.com: 32GB Touchpad available for $299, or $149 after $150 mail-in-rebate with the purchase of an HP Laptop or Desktop. See this link .
- (11/5) palm.com: 32GB TouchPad for $149 (limit 2) for registered developers. See https://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?
- (11/1) Best Buy to Sell 32GB TouchPad for $149 with purchase of HP Computer. (Deal starts online on 11/1, and in stores on 11/4; BB announced this on 10/28.) [Best Buy Corporate ]
Best Buy FAQ about this bundling: http://forums.bestbuy.
Excerpt: "You may return the computer, but your TouchPad will no longer be eligible for the promotional price. If you return the computer and intend to keep the tablet, the TouchPad will revert to the full retail price of $599.99. If this is more than you originally paid for the tablet and the computer together, you will be charged the difference."
** PREVIOUS LIVE AND RELATED INFORMATION **:
- (11/14) Tigerdirect.com (also compusa.com and circuitcity.com ): 32GB Touchpad available for $299 , or $149 after $150 mail-in-rebate with the purchase of an HP Laptop or Desktop. See this link .
- (11/8) WOOT went live with 16GB TouchPad for $249.99 + $5 Shipping @ 7:36 PM PST and 24 units sold out within 8 minutes.
- (11/4) "Coming attraction" for Friday: at 2:30 pm ET, Tiger Direct - OOS at about 11:45 AM PST will go live online with 32GB bundle at this link Old Link - New Link
Here is what you'll get:
- HP 32GB TouchPad
- Belkin 10.1" Tablet Case
- Belkin FlipBlade Tablet Stand
- Creative Labs D80 Bluetooth Speakers
- (Bonus: HP 16GB USB Flash Drive)
"All for just $279.99" - per TD announcement on Thu 11/3.
- (11/4) Daily Steals VIA E-bay - OOS at 10:19:47 AM PST
Link HP TouchPad 16GB Wi-Fi 9.7in Glossy Black Tablet PC + Sennheiser MX400 Headset $199.00 + Free Shipping
- (11/1) Best Buy----- (SOLD OUT online as of 3 November 2011 at 10:28 EST). with its promotional bundle of 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 with the purchase of a qualifying HP Computer as was stated last week.
Promotion Page: Promotional Offer Page
Eligible HP Computers: HP Computers - In order to get the firesale price of $149.99 for the TouchPad, computers around and above $330 price range seem to be eligible.
32 GB Touchpad Product Page: 32GB TP Page
- (10/31) HP says fate of webOS is not decided, death rumor premature http://www.tomshardwar
- (10/28) HP sent official notification e-mails that they are OOS once and for all: "As you signed up for updates on the HP TouchPad, we wanted you to know that we are officially out of stock. Some retailers will have some stock available, but our online inventory is depleted."
- (10/28) http://www.precentral.
net/todd-br...umor-video Todd Bradley: webOS shut down an "unfounded rumor" [video]
- (10/28) http://www.engadget.co
m/2011/10/2...-imminent/ The Guardian: HP shutdown of webOS division said to be 'imminent'
- (10/27) NCIX.COM (US Site) went live with the 16GB model -- first reported on the thread at 11:07 pm ET; all 16GBs were gone by 11:29 pm ET. Price matches (e.g., to Sam's Club) are being accepted! *** Update as of 10/28: Some who ordered 16GB have received shipping and tracking information. But other 16GB orders were cancelled.
Was possible also to place orders for 32GB from NCIX. As of 10/29, seems that maybe only one SDer has received shipping information for 32GB order placed with NCIX on 10/27.
- (10/27) official announcement: "HP to Keep PC Division" link [hp.com]
- (10/27) "HP making another run at tablets with Windows 8" link [zdnet.com]
- (10/22-10/23) DailySteals.com 32GB Touchpad - $240 + $5 shipping
- (10/21) HP Employee EPP Touchpads were in stock on HP EPP website earlier today (i.e. available to HP employees only). OOS now.
- (10/18???) NCIX - check emails from ncix.com us in case you were notified within the last 2/3 days that your cancelled order will be reinstated IF you receive an email from them that there is limited additional stock...my order number was early 9600's and I received an email and just completed my order
- (10/18) WebOS 3.0.4 Update Available - see Precentral [precentral.net] for more information/install instructions and HP for release notes.
- (10/13) HP company store (Palm) sold touchpads only to HP employees for $100 in Sunnyvale, CA. Limited 5 per person [but this is a matter of dispute: an HP employee who belongs to SD says the store did not allow 5]. Had to sign contract saying they won't resell them.
- (10/12) HP has replaced the Touchpad product image with the following announcement on the EPP side of the website (the regular website shows "page not found" error as of 10/11).
(Image posted 2:55AM PT 10/12/11) http://www.shopping.hp.com/shopping/...uchpad_300.jpg (Direct link [hp.com])
- (10/11) Although shopping.hp.com TP pages are dead for those without access to HP EPP (see below), those who do have EPP accounts report that TP pages are still visible to them -- OOS with $499/$549 pricing.
- (10/11) TouchPads are removed from the HP website. When you click on the following links, screens say, "We're sorry, the page requested was not found". 16GB LINK [hp.com] and 32GB LINK [hp.com]
- (10/10 overnight into 10/11) It was possible to place orders on Star Tech website: $169 for 32GB & $117 for 16GB + shipping. https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
But per call to Star Tech on morning of 10/11, all the orders placed between last night and this morning are going to be cancelled.
- (10/10) OfficeDepot.com went live for less than a minute at 11:41am .
Quote from 10/7 :
Quote from 10/5 :
Quote from 10/4 :
Quote from 10/4 :
(Rumor date - 9/21) TigerDirect supposedly has 2500 more 32GB touchpads waiting to go live shortly in a crap bundle with a 32GB unit/AC Adapter/Belkin case for $199
(Rumor update - 10/3) TigerDirect apparently still has this TP stock ... no telling when they will put it on sale.
(Rumor update - 10/5) TigerDirect apparently still has 2,470 of the 32s just sitting in the warehouses + 330 of the 16s just sitting ...
(Rumor update - 10/7) TigerDirect: Their TPs will eventually be sold in bundles -- only at CompUSA B&M stores - will not be sold online at TD website. Probably another week or two before bundles go on sale at B&M stores. TP bundles will be in all stores to get people in the door for the holiday season. Again, will not be sold online at TD website.
** Where to Buy + TP LIVE and TP EVENT History **
*(The SUMMARY above will be updated daily here, but archived to Deal Talk thread below -- and all the long-dead retailers are now in the wiki there)
HP TouchPad Retailer "Live" History Thread
** After Purchase **
SlickDeals' TouchPad Owners Thread
That thread is for after-purchase discussion and information.
(10/18) WebOS 3.0.4 Update Available - see Precentral [precentral.net] for more information/install instructions and HP for release notes.
** Order Status Updates **
SlickDeals' TouchPad Order Status Thread
If you want to share order status updates, pls do so only below the preceding thread link. Thanks.
(And pls include the date of your post! "This evening" will soon be meaningless.)
Quote :Item# Description/Mfg Part# Shipped Back Order
1501872 HP TouchPad US 32GB wifi SB Commercial 2 0
Tracking#: 9611xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7694 Carrier: RPS Service: VF2
Tracking#: 961xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7700 Carrier: RPS Service: VF2
PO Number: 43XXXX
Order Number: 0306XXXX
Order Date: 08/25/2011
Ship Date: 10/17/2011
Quote :Got a shipment notification email from HP. I ordered thru HP SMB on 8/21 at 11am EST. Got the shipped email at 6:33pm today.
Quote :Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. We wanted to update you with a status of your order 305XXXXX
Your order is still confirmed, and we are fulfilling orders daily based on the time the order was received. We expect all orders to ship by October 31st. We will continue to update you of any changes to this date via email until your order ships. We apologize that we cannot give you an exact ship date for your order. Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the Order Status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You will receive a final shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has actually shipped.
If this timeline is not acceptable, please send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale
In addition, at the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30-day return policy and is not returnable.
If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next few weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with the subject line "CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK." Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.
Quote :Thank you for doing business with Hewlett-Packard. Part or all of your order has shipped. Please reference the shipped column below for the quantity of product that has shipped. Please contact your Client Service Representative if you have any questions: 1-866-625-0759
Please reference the link below to view the status of your entire order:
1501905 HP TouchPad US 16G wifi
Quote from HP SMB :Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. Good news - your order 3******8 should ship out within the next 2 weeks with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has actually shipped. Remember, at the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.
Now that your TouchPad is on its way, check out the latest accessories for your new HP TouchPad* at REDUCED prices. There is a limited supply, so click here to shop now.
If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next week, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, option 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with the subject line "CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK." Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.
Thank you for your continued patience. We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!
Sincerely, Your HP Small and Medium Business Team www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ