I just got a new Xbox (had an old one, but it broke and my subscription has been expired). Attempted to launch Vevo (or anything that streams from the internet) and was required to get a Gold membership. Apparently they have a deal running to get 1 month of Live for $1 (90% off)
However, I'm pretty sure it's only for non-gold customers (someone with a membership ending soon can verify this, or I can in 1 month).
So, here's how to get it:
1. You must not be a current Gold member.
2. Launch the dashboard and launch Vevo (or any internet streaming app)
3. Follow the prompts to learn more about Xbox Live Gold
4. When it gives you the options, you will see that there is 1 month for $1, choose that.
5. Enjoy 1 month of Xbox Live for just $1!
Let me know if it worked or didn't work and what the circumstances were in replies!