Deal DetailsLast Edited by BostonGirl January 13, 2013 at 04:49 PM
I know this is not a new offer. But if you go directly to chase or united web site, the offer is 30K, while this link gets you 55k.
I have a trip for my family of 4 from Chicago to Jacksonville in March. So at the very least I think this gets me to check a bag for free.
I had a united card years ago from Chase. This is a united explorer. Usually Chase doesn't allow you to get the same offer twice. So it will be interesting to see if I get the bonus points (YMMV).
I got immediate acceptance.
ONLY 30K now
"Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."
1. You need to sign into your united mileageplus account (or sign up for one if you don't have one). You will probably see the link for the 50k offer, but don't click that one because you may not get the $50 statement credit.
2. You will need RECENT activity on your mileageplus account in order to see 50k offer. Otherwise, you will see only 30k.
3. If you do not have recent activity, sign up for an account at bckstgr dot com. From there, you can link your facebook and/or twitter account for some miles. Miles should hit soon after you do this, BUT you may need to refresh your Cache or close/switch browsers in order to see this on your mileageplus account.
(bckstgr can be finicky but appears to be working now)
4. Try the link again and confirm that you see BOTH the 50k offer and $50 statement credit (see uploaded screenshot). If you don't see the statement credit, try searching for a flight and the banner on the search page should include the credit (as of 3/17/2013)
5. Most are approved instantly. If you are not, you may check the status of the application by calling the reconsideration number (888-245-0625) - I needed to move credit line from some of my other underutilized chase cards I had opened for promos (thanks SD!).
50,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months your account is open.
5,000 bonus miles after you add an authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your card during the first 3 months as a Cardmember.
10,000 bonus miles every calendar year you spend at least $25,000 on your Card.
Additional benefits with card:
*two United Club lounge passes each year
*waived baggage fee on first checked bag on United flights
Annual fee waived in first year, $95 after that. Some report being able to regularly get the fee waived by threatening to cancel.
Credit goes to bombnthud at Flyertalk and rhornback at SD.
If you have already signed up for this card within the last 90days you can send a secure message to customer service and tell them you saw the 50k +50 offer today and you would like your account to reflect this newer offer.. in 99% of cases they will credit your account without having to show the pdf for proof. 90 days is the limit.
** If bckstgr isn't working for opening an account and you're looking for a quick way to add Mileage Rewards points recent activity to your account so you can see the upgraded 50k mile offer instead of 30k, you can open a United Dining account. You can dine at a participating restaurant in your area with the registered credit card and the points will show up in your Mileage Plus account in a couple of days. The link to United Dining is: http://mpdining.reward