64GB ViewSonic 10.1" ViewPad 10pi Wi-Fi-enabled Windows 7 Pro Tablet $292, or Windows 7 Ready Tablet (no Win 7 Installed) EXPIRED
Deal DetailsPromoted 02-02-2013 at 06:11 AM View Original Post
The 10.1" ViewSonic ViewPad 10pi Wi-Fi-enabled Tablet (Win 7 Pro installed) is now $299.99 + $8 S/H
Viewsonic.com offers 64GB ViewSonic 10.1" ViewPad 10pi Wi-Fi-enabled Tablet marked down significantly. Save an additional 5% with coupon code 2012REG. Shipping is $8. Thanks Vicious421& Akarin
Price after coupon code 2012REG
- 10.1" ViewSonic ViewPad 10pi Wi-Fi-enabled Tablet (Win 7 Pro installed) $284
- Intel Atom 2670 1.5GHz (Oak Trail) CPU
- 10.1" 1280x800 IPS Display
- 2GB DDR2
- 64GB SSD
- Cameras: Front 1.3MP, Back 3.2MP
- WiFi N
- Battery Life: up to 4 hours
- Win 7 Pro (installed or ready)
The following is no longer available:
- 10.1" ViewSonic ViewPad 10pi Wi-Fi-enabled Tablet (Win 7 not installed) $141.50
Viewsonic Viewpad 10pi Windows 7 Tablet - $299
Viewsonic Viewpad 10pi Windows 7 Ready Tablet - $149
Viewsonic must be blowing these out, because the cheapest price I could find for the $299 version with Windows 7 pre-installed is $499.99 on Amazon:
I was able to buy that $39.99 Windows 8 upgrade special from Microsoft before it expired yesterday and was thinking about using that to do a clean install on the $149 version of this Viewsonic 10pi. That would give me a Windows 8 tablet for under $200.
What do you think? Does anyone know of a better deal out there on a Windows tablet?
"While the ViewPad 10pi attempts to be the jack of all trades, in reality it's just one big headache."
(review of preproduction unit by cynical engadget editor. Check out real reviews by users in the thread).
Use Coupon: 2012REG for 5% off (Akarin)
SSD can be swapped.
3G can be added.
Ram & Wifi is not removable.
MORE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM SDERS:
- PDF on how to install Win7: http://www.viewsonic.c
+ Read this guide carefully to get Win7 working and how to dual boot Android and Win7 - especially Step 9 (should be able to dual boot Android and Win8 too)
+ Correction: the partition to install Windows is 8, not partition 6
- Installing Win7 from USB (works with win8 too)--> http://www.microsoftst
- Win7 drivers from viewsonic.com.cn. --> http://www.viewsonic.c
- Wifi drivers for Win7/8? --> http://drivers.softped
- Forced install win7 drivers on win8 --> http://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disa...windows-8/
-"Hack" to allow built-in wifi to work in Windows 8 - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
- it is possible to intstall wifi card into 3G slot and not to use hack for the built-in wifi in Windows 8. Hack disables SD card reader.
- Upgrade Half-slim sata SSD --> http://www.mydigitaldi
- Upgrade Android to 4.0 ICS? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltadM2q
- User Guide --> http://www.mediafire.c
- Win 8 compatible nano wifi adapter such as FAR tenda W311M from fry's
- Most recent Chipset driver from Intel - http://downloadcenter.
- Most recent Video Driver from Intel - http://downloadcenter.
- Most recent audio driver from Realtek - http://www.realtek.com
- Video http://youtu.be/2bVBWqEtwfw
- How to get Live CD to Work http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Installing Android Market
Follow these instructions to install Android Market on the Android 2.3 Install http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...p?t=827209
I just downloaded the G Tablet.zip on my PC. Unzip the contents and placed the folder in a USB stick. Install the APK's in the order specified in the link. Ran GMAIL to specify my account, then ran the Market. Angry birds does install and runs fine. (rianmanu)