Apply Code = SAVE10
- OS - Adroind(4.0)
- Processor: - Dual core, 1500 MHz, Scorpion
- System memory: - 1024 MB RAM
- Fast mobile data support (4G)
- Dimensions: - 8.36 x 6.12 x 0.42 inches (212 x 155 x 11 mm)
- Weight: - 16.57 oz (470 g)
- Rugged: - Water proof (Water
- Physical size: - 8.0 inches
- Resolution: - 1024 x 768 pixels
- Pixel density: - 160 ppi
- Touchscreen: - Capacitive, Multi-touch
- Features: - Light sensor
- Bluetooth: - 2.1, EDR
- Wi-Fi: - 802.11 b, g, n
- USB: - USB 2.0:
- Connector : - microUSB
- HDMI: - Yes
Fun things to do with the buttons:
Soft reboot -> Vol+ and Vol-, press and hold together for 10sec
Screen Shot -> At the Same time Press Power,Vol+ and Vol-
Recovery options and tools -> When the tablet is off, press and hold the Vol- then also press and hold the Power button until the screen comes on,goes off then comes back on again. Then hit Vol+ to get to the menu
(Vol buttons may change function depending on tablet orientation,the recovery option above was done with the speaker on the top & buttons on the right)
Compatible with the Square credit card reader? Yes!
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE PICKING UP YOUR TABLET. YOU BOUGHT IT, ITS UP TO YOU NOT TO BREAK IT.
Google is your friend if you want to know why to root.
The PANTECH drivers are available from their website. Just install the PC suite. It's actually a handy tool and better than samsungs Kies, which I can't get to work anywhere.
2. This blog is a little confusing but read the comment by Josh_Phy for what is almost a 1 click root. Download the dropbox file, unzip it and click the batch file.
This info is also in the Rootzwiki thread: Look at post 157
You must read the whole thread. ICS info is new. The first post won't help as those instructions are for GB. Please read and become part of the community. A word of warning: Spoonfeeding is not encouraged or rewarded; be polite and respectful to people who put their time in to fully exploit the potential of these devices.
3. Titanium Backup: Buy it. This is the single most useful app in the entire marketplace. It slices, dices, chops, Juliannes, and does so much to Android that the OS wonders where it has been all its life. Once installed, back up EVERYTHING, upload it somewhere so you'll have a safe backup.
3a. Freeze bloatwear and if after a week or so, you don't notice any problem, then delete it.
3b. As you delete bloatwear, please update this wiki with what's safe and what isn't.
4. Custom Recovery (TWRP) for ICS is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...p=41235707 Follow the instructions.
5. Apps2SD available in the Android store for FREE. I (mavblues) use the one by Gregory House. Works fine - however, it appears to move the apps to the media partition of the internal SD, as opposed to the external SD. However, it's still useful to free up lots of space to add more apps.
If you can't root, I'll try to help, but you must learn to fish, rather than having the fish thrown to you.
POST-ROOT ESSENTIALS: (fill in below)
SuperUser (gives full 'admin' access to other apps) https://play.google.com/store/app...user&hl=e
AdAway (Taken off Google Play Market, but this blocks the ad servers that show little banners in free versions of games, etc) Follow download link in first post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=2190753
DELETABLE BLOATWARE: (fill in below)
All the AT&T apps
Pantech TWRP/CUSTOM RECOVERY @ XDA:
Connecting to Lyca Mobile:
You have to adjust your APN: http://forum.melbia.co
The pay as you go data does work (though it is pretty slow).
Internet APN Settings :
Name : Lyca US
APN : data.lycamobile.com
Proxy : <Not Set>
Port : <Not Set>
Username : lmus
Password : plus
Server : <Not Set>
MMSC : <Not Set>
MMS Proxy : <Not Set>
MMS Port : <Not Set>
MCC : <Not Set>
MNC : <Not Set>
Authentication type : <Not Set>
APN Type : default