Thread DetailsLast Edited by TBlackbird July 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM
MODS: If you want to delete this thread, feel free. I will not be providing the file in the future.
I've been learning PowerShell and decided to automate my Bing Rewards that I do daily. Here(LINK REMOVED) is the PowerShell script. It has been tested on Windows 7 32/64-bit, Internet Explorer 10 and PowerShell 3.0. If you don't have this environment, try it and let me know if it works for you. I'll try to modify it to accommodate your system if possible.
Windows 7 comes with PowerShell 2.0 installed by default. You can upgrade to 3.0 by downloading the Windows Management Framework 3.0 . Here is a list of the Windows 7 file names:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
64-bit versions: Windows6.1-KB2506143-x64.msu
32-bit versions: Windows6.1-KB2506143-x86.msu
PLEASE NOTE: The install may fail for you with a cryptic message about it not applying to your machine when you know it is the right version for your machine. If this happens, you will need to download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) to install the full profile for the .NET 4.0 framework. You more than likely only have client profile installed.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER USED POWERSHELL BEFORE, you will have to run the following command to unlock script running. Just run it from the PowerShell command prompt:
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser
Here is an explanation of what that does: Set-ExecutionPolicy
PowerShell is located in your start menu under All Programs, Accessories, Windows PowerShell. I recommend running Windows PowerShell ISE.
The installs are all from Microsoft and only have to be done once. After that, just load PowerShell ISE, open the script above and hit the play button.
1. Opens up IE for you and waits for you to log in via Facebook or Microsoft.
2. Once logged in, retrieves the Search and Earn count and calculates how many searches are remaining to get your full daily allotment. Thus, it will work for those double point days as well. NOTE: Currently does ONLY the Search and Earn searches. You will have to get the single point or special points manually.
3. Uses popular searches on bing.com main page or related searches on search pages to perform the searches so it looks more like a human. This is how I did my daily allotment before writing this script.
4. Keeps track of the searches performed and doesn't repeat within a session.
5. Only runs searches to complete your daily allotment, then quits automatically.
6. When done, leaves window open for you to complete the single point and special point options manually.
I always find it interesting to watch to see the search progression from one subject at the beginning to something totally "unrelated" by the end.
The use of the script is at your own risk and it comes with no warranties, express or implied.