Mercedes Benz CPO (Certified Pre Owned) Unlimited Mileage Warranty (Perfect SD for high mileage drivers).
Here is the Slick Deal IMO:
1. Mercedes warranties do not overlap.
2. Depending on the vehicles in-service date, you can get used mercedes, with a better warranty than a new one (because the used have unlimited miles).
3. Mercedes CPO warranty is backed and performed at the dealership.
Agreement Geographic Territory, Terms, and Mileage Expiration
This Extended Limited Warranty only applies to covered repairs to the vehicle occurring within the United Sates and Puerto Rico.
When Does Your Extended Limited Warranty Start?
Your MBCPO Extended Limited Agreement commences after the expiration by time duration of the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty assuming that the total vehicle accumulated mileage is less than the mileage listed on the Agreement.
When Does Your Extended Limited Warranty End?
Your Extended Limited Agreement expires on the earlier occurrence of either of the following:
The designated time period of the Agreement, or
The designated total vehicle accumulated mileage of the Agreement.
Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty
ITEMS COVERED UNDER THIS EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY
During the specified Extended Limited Warranty period, all necessary repairs or replacements of the parts listed below will be made by any applicable, authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer at no charge to you or any eligible subsequent Private Party Purchaser, to correct defects in material or workmanship in covered vehicle parts and/or systems of a Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
Any repairs will be made as determined by Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, using new or remanufactured Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts at its discretion.
If a Part IS Not Listed, It Is Not Covered
1. Engine: Engine block, cylinder head(s), cylinder head gasket(s), all internally lubricated parts, including internally lubricated seals and gaskets, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing chain cover, flywheel, flex-plate, vibration damper (harmonic balancer), coolant pump, turbocharger, supercharger, belt tensioner, injection pump, control module, and motor mounts.
2. Transmission: Transmission case, control module, all internally lubricated parts, including internally lubricated seals and gaskets, valve body, automatic transmission metal lines, torque converter, modulator control valve, control pressure cable, shift linkage(s), master/slave cylinder, clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch release bearing and fork for vehicles equipped with a manual transmission.
3. Rear Axle: Center section/rear axle and all internally lubricated parts, including internally lubricated seals and gaskets, axle side shafts, drive shaft, drive shaft center bearing, drive shaft flex-disc assembly, rear axle shaft bearings and hubs.
4. Electronic Stability Program (ESP): Control module, wheel speed sensors, hydraulic pump and electric motor, all hydraulic lines and lateral acceleration sensors.
5. Automatic Slip Differential (ASD): All hydraulic system components including pump, pressure lines, solenoid/valves and control module.
6. Electronic Traction System (ETS): Hydraulic unit (ABS/ETS), charging pump, pressure reservoir, control module, vehicle speed sensors.
7. Acceleration Slip Regulation (ASR): Hydraulic unit (ABS/ASR), charging pump, pressure reservoir and control module.
8. M-Class Models Only: Transfer case, transfer case shift motor, front axle, front differential component assembly, including seals and gaskets, front drive shaft, front axle shaft, bearing, wheel speed sensors and hubs.
9. 4-Matic Models Only: Transfer case, front axle, center section and all internally lubricated parts, including internally lubricated seals and gaskets, front drive shaft, front axle shaft, bearings, wheel speed sensors and hubs.
10. G-Class Models Only: Transfer case, transfer case shift motor, front axle, including seals and gaskets, front drive shaft, front axle shaft, bearings, wheel speed sensors and hubs.
11. Cooling System: Thermostat, radiator, fan clutch, engine fan (including electronic fan), coolant expansion tank, transmission and engine oil coolers as well as the metal lines and fittings.
12. Fuel Injection System: Vacuum shutoff, vacuum control valve, ALDA/BCAPA (barometric pressure-change air compensation) unit, fuel pump, cold start valve, fuel pressure regulator, fuel injectors (gas and diesel), fuel injector holders, all metal high pressure fuel injection lines and return lines. warm-up regulator, fuel accumulator, fuel distributor, mass/volume air flow sensor, primary pressure regulator, engine idle speed control valve, fuel heater (diesel only), fuel primer pump (hand operated [diesel only]), throttle linkage assembly, fuel tank and expansion tank.
13. Steering System: Powered Steering gear box including PML control valve, seals, pump, pump pulley, ignition lock including cylinder / tumblers, drag link, steering shock absorber, steering knuckle, tie rods, idler arm and idler arm bushings.
14. Suspension: Coil springs, anti-sway torsion bar as well as associated linkage and brackets, ADS pump (where applicable), reservoir, valves, accumulators, valve linkage, suspension pressure reservoir, gas spring reservoir, oil reservoir and cover, oil level sending unit, high pressure oil hose, distribution valve, switch level adjustment, solenoid locking valve, suspension acceleration sensor, body acceleration sensor, switch load sensor, upper and lower control arms, as well as all suspension links and bushings, ball joints, wheel bearings, wheel bearing seals and air suspension struts.
15. Brake System: Master cylinder, break booster, Brake Operating Unit including BOU sensors, vacuum pump, hydraulic unit (ABS or ABS/ETS/ASR/ESP/SBS) Wheel speed sensor, brake calipers, proportioning valve, metal and composite hydraulic lines and fittings.
16. Electrical Systems: Ignition coils and secondary wiring, starter system components, as well as all electrical motors, wiring harnesses and connectors, starter lockout switch, sending units, sensors, switches, fuse boxes, relay modules, control modules, transmitters, instrumental panel, gauges, rheostats, potentiometers, blower motor series resistors, alternator pulley, voltage regulator, diodes, buzzers, horns, actuators, timers, electro-mechanical valves, solenoids, as well as air bag contact plate (located in steering wheel), heated seat elements, and global positioning system (GPS).
17. Climate Control: All electrical components noted above, as well as the A/C compressor and clutch, receiver/drier bottle, refrigerant hoses and connections, evaporator, expansion valve, condenser, rear vent control cables, vacuum actuators, all vacuum valves and elements, auxiliary cooling pump, cold engine lock-out switch, temperature selector wheel, servo unit, mono valve, dual valve, switchover valve, heater core and heater housing assembly.
18. Body: Window regulators, sunroof, sunroof cables, front and rear wind shield wiper linkages, power seat drive cables and seat belt assemblies.
19. Central Locking System: Actuator/element, pneumatic cheek valve, switches and linkages.
20. Towing: In the event of a mechanical breakdown due to a covered part during the term of this Limited Warranty, and the towing charges are reasonable and competitive, the costs of the vehicle being towed to the nearest authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer is covered. Additional charges not covered by this limited warranty may be applicable for a breakdown location that is not a reasonably accessible roadside location, as determined by the authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer Technician or tow service provider.
21. Remote Central Locking: Transmitters (excluding batteries) and receivers.*
22. Closing Assist: Actuators, switches, and supply pump.*
23. Soft Top/Retractable Hardtop: Mechanical linkages, hydraulic unit, valves/solenoids, switches and sensors.*
24. Roll Bar System: Roll bar mechanism or complete assembly; roll bar, hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic unit, valves / solenoids, actuators, and switches. *
25. Audio Systems: Head unit, Speakers, Audio amplification system, CD player and changer, antenna system.
26. Satellite Radio System: All components of satellite radios are covered under this warranty if they have been installed at the factory or by an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer using approved components.
27. Navigation System: CD drive, control module, antenna system.
28. Optical Network: Fiber optics and connectors associated with optical componentry.
29. Command: Control display unit, central processor, steering wheel control system, integrated CD drive, integrated Navigation processor, GPS antenna system and Navigation CD drive.
30. Modular Control System (MCS) M-Class ONLY: MCS – centralized component control unit, single CD player, CD changer, audio amplification system, Navigation system and antenna system.
31. Hybrid Vehicles: High-Voltage Battery coolant system, Electric Drive motors, Regenerative Braking System components. *
*MBCPO Extended Limited Warranty coverage applies to vehicles bearing these items as original equipment only.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY?
1. Vehicle batteries
2. Shock Absorbers / Suspension Struts
4. Soft top, including:
Rear glass/plastic window
6. Vehicle paint and trim
7. Damage caused by outside influences: Resultant Damage from factors such as:
Improper fuel usage
Corrosion and algae
8. Damage due to accidents, fraud, negligence, misuse, improper adjustments, modification, alterations, disconnection, or tampering. Damage due to accidents or acts of nature or other events beyond the control of MBUSA; damage from objects striking the vehicle. Miss use of the vehicle such as, but not limited to:
Driving over curbs
Operating without regard to vehicle warning lights
Storage or transport (Proper vehicle use is described in the Operator's Manual.)
9. Damage due to lack of maintenance or lack of proper maintenance or failure to use specified maintenance parts and fluids as described or indicated in the vehicle's Service Booklet.
10. Normal maintenance: The vehicle requires normal services such as:
Cleaning and polishing
Lubrication and filter changes as specified
Replacement of worn brake pads and discs
Refer to the Service Booklet for details
11. Damage due to alterations: Alterations by changing or adding to the vehicle that adversely affect its performance, reliability, and longevity.
12. Damage caused by other than original equipment parts: Any malfunctions caused by the use of other than Mercedes-Benz original equipment or MBUSA-approved spare parts or accessories.
13. Altered odometer: Any vehicle on which the odometer has been altered and the actual mileage cannot be determined.
14. Consequential damages: This limited warranty does not cover any consequential or secondary damages that may be suffered as a result of the need to repair or replace a warranted part except to the extent coverage of such damage is required by the state whose law governs this limited warranty.
15. Repairs at non-authorized dealers: Otherwise covered repairs where the prescribed repair is not performed by an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer.
16. Liability from use of the vehicle: Liability for damage to property or injury or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance, or use of the vehicle whether or not related to the prescribed repair.
17. Vehicle used "for-hire" purpose or commercial rental: Vehicle cannot be used for commercial purposes.
18. Taxes: Any and all taxes required on this limited warranty except where perscribed by law.
19. Extra Expenses: This MBCPO Limited Warranty does not cover:
Loss of the vehicle during warranty repairs
Substitute transportation rentals
Other travel costs
Loss of pay
20. Items, Systems, Parts and Accessories Not Identified as Covered: If a system, item, part, or accessory is not listed in the section of this document entitled.
21. Repairs Required due to normal wear and tear
22. "ITEMS COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY," It is not covered by this MBCPO Extended Limited Warranty.
Limits of Liability
The only remedy available under a Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty is the prescribed work performed in accordance with the terms of this warranty.
There is no liability for incidental or consequential loss or damage under this Extended Warranty including, but not limited to liability for the following:
Loss of life
Loss of use
Loss of time, inconvenience, or commercial loss
any amount exceeding the actual market value of the vehicle is not the responsibility of MBUSA. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY AS DEFINED ON PAGE 2.
Some states do not permit the exclusions or limitations of implied warranties, so these limitations may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
MERCEDES-BENZ USA, LLC, OR THE AUTHORIZED MERCEDES-BENZ DEALER NEITHER ASSUME NOR AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR THEM ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH VEHICLE.
NO PAYMENT OR OTHER COMPENSATION WILL BE MADE FOR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, SUCH AS DAMGE OR INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY OR LOSS OF REVENUE WHICH MIGHT BE PAID, UNCURRED OR SUSTAINED BY REASON OF THE FAILURE OF ANY PART OR ASSEMBLY THAT MAY BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED IN ACCORD WITH THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
VEHICLE SERVICE UNDER THIS EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY
The Conditions and vehicles Service Requirements for Your Warranty
This Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty is applicable only in the United States and Puerto Rico.
Within the scope of this Extended Limited Warranty, any covered defective parts in your vehicle will be exchanged or repaired by your Mercedes-Benz Dealership.
Mercedes-Benz recommends Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts, exchange units, factory-approved accessories for all of your vehicle's replacement parts. These parts meet the same exacting quality control standards as the original equipment on your vehicle and comply with all applicable Federal and State safety regulations.
Any applicable, authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer of your choice will perform Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty repairs or replacements.
Your vehicle should be delivered to the Mercedes-Benz Dealer during normal service hours.
A reasonable time should be allowed after taking the vehicle to the Mercedes-Benz Dealer for performance of the repair.
Mercedes-Benz requires that you service your vehicle at our specified mileage intervals. Your Operator's Manual and your vehicle's Service Booklet contain this information. These services help assure the proper operation of your vehicle. The required service maintenance is available at all authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealerships.
Failure to follow the required Mercedes-Benz service maintenance schedule, using specified materials, fluids, and parts, at the specified intervals could cause vehicle damage not covered by this Warranty.
Emission System Warranty and Service Maintenance
Where applicable, your vehicle may qualify for any remaining portion of the emission systems, Emission performance, or California Emission Control System warranties.
The law requires your vehicle to conform to exhaust emission standards. To provide the best vehicle performance and lowest vehicle emissions, you are responsible to see that all recommended maintenance procedes detailed in the vehicle's Service Booklet are performed at the specified times and mileages. The emission control warranty does not cover failures due solely to owner abuse or lack of proper maintenance. (Refer to the original new vehicle Service and Warranty Information booklet for more information regarding emission control warranty coverage).
More frequent maintenance may be needed for vehicles under severe operating conditions such as dusty areas, very short trip driving, or trailer towing.
Although warranty obligations are not dependent upon the use of any particular brand of replacement parts, you may elect to use non-genuine Mercedes-Benz parts for replacement purposes. We recommend the use of Mercedes-Benz spare parts for service and repairs since they have been made according to the manufacturer's specifications. It is also important to use only fuels and lubricants meeting factory specifications since the emission systems warranty does not cover repair or replacement of parts necessitated by failure to use such items.
For detailed information concerning emission control system maintenance please refer to your Service Booklet. If you want additional information concerning tune-up specifications or emission control system maintenance jobs, we recommend a special Maintenance Manual, which is available from your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership or directly from MBUSA.
Do I have to Bring My Vehicle to an Authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership for Service?
Repairs covered under Mercedes-Benz Warranties must be performed at any authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership. When you bring your vehicle in for warranty servicing at your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership, please present this document to your service Adviser to speed service order write-ups.
Maintenance service as recommended in your vehicle's Service Booklet can be performed by any qualified service outlet. However, we recommend that all maintenance service work be performed by your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership. Authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealerships have the trained personnel, tools, diagnostic instruments, and service reference literature necessary to perform the recommended maintenance correctly and systematically.
On the road, you are protected by 24-hour roadside Assistance throughout the United States. For assistance just call: 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372).
Consult your Roadside Assistance program literature for details, terms, and limitations on benefits.
See the PDF Document at the top of the page for State Amendments To the above Agreement transcript
If there is a difference between this transcript and the currently circulated MERCEDES-BENZ EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY AGREEMENT APPLICATION FOR COVERAGE document, This transcript is superseded by and not in any competition with said currently circulated MERCEDES-BENZ EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY AGREEMENT APPLICATION FOR COVERAGE from MBUSA, LLC which is the absolute and final say on any and all coverage.