Deal DetailsLast Edited by simplezeal July 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Spoke with CSR (12/16/2014) and there is no offical end date of this promotion.
IT'S BACK! Our 1GB of 4G LTE option is increased to up to 2.5GB 4G LTE data per line (for the same price) until 2016 when you buy 4 or more lines.
HOW IT WORKS IN A NUTSHELL:
Nothing changes other than the "basic data package" that has been 1GB for a long time is now 2.5GB as a part of this promotion until January 2016. NOTHING ELSE CHANGES!
1. If you usually use the "basic data package" then you can get a free upgrade to 2.5GB/line for a year and a half.
2. If you usually pay an extra $10/line to get 2.5GB then you can save that $10/line for a year and a half.
That's it. Just sign up for it ASAP on/after July 30 if you want to take advantage of it!
HOW IT WORKS IN DETAIL:
Pricing for the new promo follows the same lines as pricing for the regular family plans:
First Line: $50
Second Line: $30
each add'l line (up to 5 total): $10
1. With the old family package, you get a small base amount of data (1GB/line) "for free".
2. With the new family package, that "for free" data package is 2.5GB instead of 1GB. Nothing else changes!
3. In 2016 when the free upgrade is over with, you'll be bumped down to 1GB/line/month.
4. After you drop down to 1GB/line in 2016, you'll be able to upgrade back up to 2.5GB or more just like you can today.
5. Current accounts can "downgrade" to the promo's basic data plan to take advantage of this.
**Note** Please do not forget that all the Data usage is still unlimited.....2.5GB of 4G LTE and then throttled down to 2G(Edge) for the remainder of the billing cycle. **Note**
T-mobile employee here... From what I've been told, this promo is only for people with 4 or 5 lines with us. So if you have 3, 2, or 1, you will not be able to get the promo data.
1. Will it work for 5 lines? (2.5GB each)
2. Will it work for 1 / 2 / 3 lines? (2.5GB each)
(I called to see if it will work on 2 lines and the answer is not yet - but keeping looking for future opportunities...Can someone else call to double check, maybe I just didn't get SD exploitative creative enough or got a bad CSR?)
Not automatic for existing customers. Have to call in to get the promotion.
I've added a screenshot of what your plan will look like in T-Mobile after they complete the change. Note that it has a new name now "SC Fam Unl TT 4 to 5 lines." So clearly only 4-5 lines will work. So the breakdown is $100 for 4 lines and $10 for the 5th line which has grandfathered unlimited data ($20).