25% off 1 Item Expires 11/26
Retail Coupon Code: 19646
Fine Print 25% coupon:
Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to highest-priced item. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, Amazon Kindle®, Apple®, Beats™, Bose®, Canon® ink, Epson® ink and toner, HP ink and toner, Roku®, SquareTrade® warranties, Staples® EasyTech(sm), Steelcase®, custom printing orders placed online, gift cards, mobile phones and mobile phone services, phone cards or postage stamps. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards. Expires 11/26/14.
You can sign up for the text offers here[staples.com] and get a $5 off $25 coupon, combining with a $1+ filler (examples below) will put the price at $20.xx + tax.
If you like the idea of playing games with a console-style feel, or you are heavily invested in Amazon's Prime universe, then the Fire TV stick is the best pick. But if you want access to the most apps, a search feature that polls multiple services for the stuff you want to watch, and a user-friendly interface that's easy to love, then the Roku Steaming Stick is your best bet. Where the Roku excels is search. Search on Roku is universal. You can look up Bill Murray, and it will bring up a short bio and everything in his repertoire you could watch and all your possible options of where to watch them on Roku, be it HBO Go, Vudu, Amazon, or wherever. It's great! But Amazon only lets you search Amazon titles, even if you'd really rather watch something on Netflix. The only downside of the Roku Stick is that it's kind of slow. And I'd rather have speed and be stuck within Amazon's walled garden than be stuck in buffering purgatory. In the end, it's up to you.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
Coupon Code 63767 $5 Off $30 Exp 11/22 worked for me today on 11/23. I bought the Fire Stick and another item I needed.
Update: Many of you guy/lady were able to sideload but still are confused how to add the 1,300 channels. Below is a Youtube that look easy to follow:
How to add the Super Repo Source to XBMC (1,500+ Add-ons for Gotham 2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5jnjZpXqo
I will write a full steps detail How To with pictures now and upload when done.
I just got my Amazon FireTV and confirmed it CAN be sideload with Kodi (TVMC). It took me about an hour to do it.
Updated: November 24, 2014:
Okay everyone, it took about two hours to write this How To Guide. Please delete the zip file with picture to see it clearer. Let me know if this guide help you or if it just waste your time.
Written By: MrMasterQ
Date: November 23, 2014
Summary: This guide is to show you how to sideload your new Amazon FireTV Stick with a customize verison of Kodi or XBMCcalled TVMC.
What is XBMC? XBMC came from Xbox Media Center during when the Xbox console were release but branched out to many different media device i.e. PCs, Android smartphone, tablet, iOS like iPhone, ipad, Amazon FireTV (and Stick) and many different devices.
Full Details and Wiki here: http://kodi.wiki/
Wiki for Amazon Fire TV: http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV
1. Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick (Of course).
2. An application to do the sideload (or uploading) the XBMC (TVMC) into the device.
3. Get the XBMC application.
4. Add Add-on Channels to enjoy.
Have more questions???
Go here for the FAQ: http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fi...s-answers/
The full guide from TVAddons.ag: Install Kodi to Amazon Fire TV: http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-ko...n-fire-tv/
Simple Steps by Steps How To:
Sideload Amazon Fire TV Stick With Kodi (TVMC version) of XBMC
1. Open your new Amazon FireTV from the box.
2. Follow the FireTV Stick manual guide how to hook-up to your HDTV.
NOTE: PDF here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cus...=201348270
Setting Up Your FireTV Stick & Get Device Network Address:
Fire TV Stick Help Videos: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cus...=201636940
3. Navigate from your FireTV Stick (FTVS) controller by click the "Home" button.
4. Navigate from HOME> Down to the last menu option> Settings> Move right to Go to System.
5. From System menu go to > Network.
6. Now write down the Network Setting Data.
FireTV Stick IP Address: _____________________________
Subnet Mask: _____________________________________
MAC Address (Wi-Fi): _______________________________
Install adbFire And Sideloading TVMC (Kodi):
13. Install the adbFire application to your device.
14. Open your adbFire app.
15. From adbFire Windows input your FireTV Stick Ip Address into the Device Address box and click the "Connect" button.
16. Once connected> Click on the "Install APK" button and browse into where your TVMC apk file are located.
17. On the lower right-hand corner you will be able to see the status bar when it is done you should get a adbFire new Windows pop-up confirmed it is Installed> Click Ok.
Open Up TVMC from Amazon FireTV Stick:
18. This part I don't know how to added it into the Amazon recent menu or maybe it needs to be rooted? To get to TVMC you must go into Amazon's Applications Menu> Manage> Scroll to locate XBMC (or TVMC) and click for the menu option to Launch application.
19. You should get something like this loaded.
NOTE: There are three methods of setting it up from TVAddons.arg they recommend install the Fusion Installer by using Config Wizard or the Addon Installer method. http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-addons-kodi/
20. We will skip the TVAddons.arg method and go directly using SuperRepo's Addon Installer Method with the zip file.
21. Why? They setup has over 1,300 Add-On Channels that works. They includes many international channels plus many Asian channels like Hong Kong/China both Mainland channels, such as TVB (TVB Azdrama), Korean, Japanese, India, etc.
22. SuperRepo.org: http://superrepo.org/get-started/...as-source/
23. Follow their Method 1 by using Keyboard/Mouse controller.
24. Install SuperRepo Using Only A Keyboard: http://superrepo.org/get-started/...-keyboard/
25. Start up TVMC if it is not started already.
26. Navigate to the SYSTEM> File Manager option.
27. Click "Add Source" and from the "Add files Source" Windows type in their Repo website address.
28. Type in the address: http://srp.nu/ and type in a name like *SuperRepo or just "SuperRepo".
29. Click Ok and it should look like below. Get back out to the TVMC Home screen menu.
30. From the Home screen go back to SYSTEM> Settings and click it and it should open up the Change Your Settings Windows.
31. Scroll down to Add-ons> Install from zip file.
32. Drill down to your "SuperRepo"> from the Install from zip file we wanted the Gotham version.
33. Pick "gotham" folder.
34. Select "all".
35. From here I don't recall which one I picked. I think I remember I tried "download-this-repo.zip", tried it and I end up installing the other two zip files (all-0.5.205.zip and all-latest.zip).
36. Here is what they stated from their website but the information might be old.
37. Add your Favorite Add-On Channels. Exit out of the Get Add-on and go back to the Home screen menu and navigate to the VIDEOS> Add-ons.
38. From the Add-Ons Windows it would only listed Channels that were popular or has been enabled to show up there. If your favorite Add-On channels is not on the list you will have to add them by scrolling to the below and select> "Get More…"
39. For example how to add a channel we will add the Asian popular Add-on Channels that has many Asian channel TV Movies and Chinese show from TVB, etc.
40. Scroll down the list to AzDrama and select it. It should take you to the Add-on Information Window.
41. From the Add-information you will have to Enable it to allow it to show up or vs. if you have other channels you wanted to hide such as Adult Channels. NOTE: For Chinese folks AzDrama has many TVB shows, latest Movies, and mainland and other drama. To see other Mainland "Live" TV shows and movies scroll all the way down from the 1,300 and you should see them in ().
42. You are almost all set!!!
How To I Make My Channels As Favorites or Show Up As An Picture Icon??
43. From the Same Videos – Add-ons> Hold the select button longer (I right-click on my mouse for my PC XBMC) and I think it should give you the pop-up option to "Add from favourites" or again vs. to remove them from the favourites by "Remove from favorites:
44. Okay added my Favorite so where did it go?
45. Well… go back to your Home screen menu and click on the Blue shaded White Star> and you should get the Favorite Pop-up.
46. Now the part to add them as a short-cut icon that took some researching on my past.
47. The changes are back at the Change Your Settings> Appearance.
48. From your Appearance – Settings> Select "Skin"> Settings
49. From the Skin setting – Add-On. To get there go to the last option> Add-on Shortcuts. There is only a 5 Icon box limit. So pick the Add-on 1 – 5 and pick your five favorite channels.
50. For this example I replaced 1Channel with AnimeFTW.tv.
52. This is end of your training and you deserve a nice drink to chillax and enjoy some movies and show ;>
See attached PDF file. The MS Word was 14MB too big even when zipped. Converted to PDF down under 2MB.