Deal DetailsLast Edited by thelama January 15, 2015 at 06:08 AM
Apple® - MacBook Air® (Latest Model) - 13.3" Display - Intel Core i5 - 4GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage - Silver
$849.99 ($150 off) + can get extra $50 off with student coupon - free shipping
11.6" also on sale for $829.99 or $779.99 after edu coupon: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple...Id=2711
B&H has matched 11.6" price - no tax for many and FS, but I don't think they have $50 off student discount. Tax savings is better in most cases
Student coupon link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/globa...6200050
Best Buy Movers coupon stacking thread: https://slickdeals.net/f/7571106-macbooks-at-best-buy-how-to-stack-movers-and-edu-coupons-from-corporate?v=1
Handy price tool, appleinsider.com price comparison list: http://prices.appleins
Here is what I've determined after trial and error and hearing from others. Others may have a different experience and the coupons are YMMV and stacking is extremely YMMV:
1. Online orders seem to work only for the .edu coupon code OR the newer USPS Movers coupon with the "online code", but not both stacked. This is also a good way to test that your .edu code will work before trying in store.
2. Your .edu or mover (with online code) will work on open box macbooks. This may be the best option of all and get you a macbook air for well under $700.
1. I've tried with the newer mover coupon (with online code) and doesn't seem to scan in-store, but does on-line. Strange and maybe it was just the 2 Best Buys I went to. If this is all you have (without an edu coupon too), then try another rep or even get the manager to see if they will override and give you the 10%. Worked for me on first one I bought (I've since returned it after I bought another with max discounts at $719.99). They first said it does not apply to macbooks, but not true. It doesnt apply to apple accessories.
2. You should not have any problem getting your .edu coupons to work (assuming they're valid), but many reps or managers will not let you stack with movers. Obviously the $85 you would get with the movers would be the better option and this is what I chose the first time.
3. Your best chance at getting the $719.99 pre tax macbook 13" price is have a current movers coupon that does not have an online code. The one I used said "Start Fresh, 10% off a single item" and expires 2/28/15. I used that first, then talked the rep into scanning the .edu coupon. Both loaded properly. He didn't let me pay until he cleared it with his manager. Luckily that manager said if the system took it he was safe and we were good to go.
Obviously stacking both is highly YMMV, but possible. It just may take multiple reps and/or multiple Best Buys until you find success. Good Luck, I think the sale ends after Saturday.