Hello, I hope you are doing well.
is offering their 6 Home-Delivered Meals for 2 People Plan for $9
, which covers the cost of delivery. Not all locations are available, and certain locations may be eligible for fewer than 6 meals; please check the Green Chef website for delivery areas. Do note that this is a subscription-based program, but there aren't any commitments and you can cancel at any time (see below for more information).
Note about the Meals
- Each Green Chef delivery comes with the recipes and ingredients you need to cook three meals for the week for each person. Some of the ingredients have been prepared for you so that you can cook dinner in 20 to 30 minutes. Each recipe is color-coded for easy sorting and contains easy-to-follow directions. Each meal is designed to be well-balanced and healthy. The only thing you need at home is olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Savings and Price
- Food options include Carnivore, Omivore, and Vegetarian.
- I have attached images to this thread that shows exactly what the menu is for each plan for the upcoming delivery date of 3/11/2015.
Commitments and Cancellations
- At $9, each delivered meal comes out to be $1.50.
- You will be getting a savings of ~90%.
- The regular price for the Carnivore option is $14.99 per meal, so the 6 meals plus a $9 delivery fee is $98.94. The regular price for the Omnivore option is $13.99 per meal, for a total of $92.94. The regular price for the Vegetarian option is $13.99 per meal, for a total of $89.94.
- According to their FAQ, "There are no minimum commitments, you can skip or cancel at any time. Cut-off times for skipping or canceling are 7 days prior to your scheduled delivery date."
- My own recommendation is that after signing up and confirming the first delivery, click here [greenchef.com] and skip the next shipment so you have some time to decide if you want to continue the deliveries.
- To cancel your account, email email@example.com before your weekly cut-off time (7 days prior to your delivery at noon EST).
- I personally recommend a virtual credit card number with a set dollar limit, just to be safe.
- For general information about Green Chef, click here [greenchef.com].
- For their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, click here [greenchef.com].
- This seems similar to the more popular Blue Apron and Plated.