Best Buy via eBay also has Motorola Moto E 4.5" 4G LTE Verizon Prepaid No-Contract Smartphone (MOTXT1528PP) + Blue Grip Case on salefor $9.99. Shipping is Free.
- 4.5" 960x540 qHD IPS LCD display
- 1.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Memory
- MicroSD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
- 4G LTE/WiFi/Bluetooth
- 5MP rear + 0.3MP front facing cameras
- 2390 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- Our research indicates that the Motorola Moto E 4.5" 4G LTE Verizon Prepaid No-Contract Smartphone is $30 lower ( 75% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $40
- For a full review of the Motorola Mote E LTE Smartphone, head over to CNET ~RevOne
Looks like you can use this on other GSM carriers with a tweak.
*I was not lucky to get it at $10 but got one on Craigs for $20 ! I think its hard to resell or he has many of them.
* easiest way to install an app after you logged in via a wifi connection is to go to play.google.com and then pick the device you want to push the app to. You don't need to worry about Play Store app crashes on the phone
* I did not get to the adb shell on OS X and Windows 10 (the phone does not get detected at all) , the commands worked like a charm on my older W7 desktop running the MDM software.
* followed this link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...stcount=14
eBay offer END
These video and article show how to enable GSM for using this phone on T-Mobile etc., no computer required, and works for 5.1:
Read here to get it working on gsm like t-mo
Moto E (2015) USB Drivers
Debloater to disable apps since root not available to use Titanium
com.motorola.setupwizard.xxxxx (to get rid of SIM NOT FROM VERIZON warning)
Update Google Play Store with version 6.0.5 from XDA to stop text-entry crashes. (Otherwise it will crash when you enter "network" and some other words.)
Moto confirms NO Marshmallow update for this version
1. Enter*#61*11# and press Send/Talk on your phone
2. Write down the number your calls are currently forwarded to. This is your voicemail deposit number (or in my case, my google voice #)
3. Decide how long you want the phone to ring in 5 seconds intervals. The maximum time is 30 seconds
4. Now enter **61*(number from step 2)*11* (number from step 3, use 2 digits)# and press Send/Talk
This will now change your default ring time before voicemail answers to 30 seconds. To test if it was succesfull, enter *#61*11# and press Send/Talk for the new value
5.1 works fine on GSM, just new instructions posted above.
GSM and HSPA+ on 850MHz, 1900MHz, 1700MHz/2100MHz.
CDMA on Bands 0 and 1.
LTE on Bands 2, 4, 5, 13.
Does NOT have UMTS band 2100MHz (3g) (which is most used in Europe and Middle East).
For those asking, all LTE (4G) phones from Verizon come unlocked nowadays. If it has LTE radios, it will most likely have GSM capability. With that said, Verizon sometimes puts in software on certain phones that either cripples data speeds or otherwise makes you jump some hoops to get it working perfectly on other carriers.
With this phone, all you have to do is download a free app from Play Store to set the radio settings to GSM/LTE out of the box (assuming it is not yet on Android 5.1). If your phone is already on Android 5.1 or later gets the automatic update, you will need to put in a few ADB commands to get the radio settings to what you want it to be (and currently you will need to do this if you switch out SIMs or factory reset your device). All these things have been documented on SD or XDA and are easy to follow and complete. This phone will work perfectly fine on T-Mobile, AT&T, or just about any carrier that is SIM card based.
For those wanting to use on Verizon Wireless (post-paid), PagePlus, or another Verizon MVNO, just put in your already active SIM card when you first power on device and you will be good.
You can press the square recent apps button to dismiss the prompt for activation to use this as an android device and radio. You can also install the "Network" app by Philipp Mangelow to disable cellular radio and save battery.