Tips on selling 11 year old car?
Thread DetailsLast Edited by DJsDA June 15, 2016 at 07:20 AM
Anyway, I purchased a used Toyota Camry '06 that's fully loaded with ~110K miles on it a little over a year ago (mid 2015). The car was in great condition all around (single owner, all paperwork on all maintenance/service work, no body damage, no accidents, everything worked perfectly, etc.)
The car is still in perfect mechanical condition, although there's now some body damage and some misc. issues with the functionality of the car. Here are the issues/damage:
1. Pretty significant scratch/scrape from a side swipe that is now showing a little bit of rusting (window was scraped pretty significantly in the side swipe as well).
2. The motor on the front passenger side window no longer works either (have to keep the window up or the window falls into the door).
3. The car has several 'maintenance' items due: brakes, transmission flush, oil change, air/engine filters, etc.
All in all, I'm guessing there's anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 in "damage" and maintenance due.
After looking up KBB value, the car seems to be worth $5-$6K in 'fair' condition in the 'private seller' market--I still owe about $7.5K on it. I'd like to sell this car, recouping as much money as possible.
Here are my questions to the community here:
1. Do I repair the body/get the maintenance work done/etc. or sell the car as is? (if so what work should i prioritize?)
2. What are some general tips to get as many potential buyers as possible and
3. Any other tips for selling safely/avoiding scams?
Right side mirror area:
Rear right window area: