Looking for a programming Laptop with lot of memory
I am looking for a laptop for programming usage [1080p, fast and big storage, >16GB RAM =ddr4; standard keyboard].
Here is a bit in depth of what I am looking for:
0) 15.6" 1080p touch screen (i actually do use the touch for reading; 1080p is the only preferred resolution - can't really use more than 1080p resolution on 15.6 adequately w/o scaling - making the higher resolution moot)
1) Long battery life - 5 hrs+, preferred around 8-9hrs at least.
2) prefer pcie + 2.5" storage (i don't mind switching the optical drive with caddy+2.5" drive); i can live with single drive but if pcie then needs to be 500GB+.
3) standard keyboard layout as listed above (also want the "right-click" key but not a must)
4) 6th gen or higher 2 Cores or more
5) >16GB RAM support, ie 2 slots DDR4 support
6) really don't want a discrete GPU as I don't game and prefer additional battery life
7) LAN network
8] easy access to the innards for swapping ram and drives.
9) 360 flip preferred but not required
10) hdmi, usb3, ... usual stuff
here is one that I have found interesting so far but may not have the battery life:
PS: I have a 16GB DDR4 SODIMM stick with me already that I had purchased for a laptop i will be returning. So the laptop doesn't need to come pre-equiped with 16GB+. as long as it has 2 slots I will be fine.
I also have a 500GB Samsung 750 SSD which is fine.
The target price would be less than $800 which I know going through the deals is easily possible. I am returning HP Pavilion 15t laptop as the keyboard was getting too warm even when barely browsing and no 2.5" drive connection. the laptop specs, otherwise, were amazing for the price: 6700hq, 24gb ddr4, 256GB pcie nvme, 950M GDDR5, 15.6" 4K touchscreen for $935 including taxes. the fact that i am not getting 4K or i7 6700hq [easily $300 worth of upgrade cost to the base system of 6300hq and 1080p] makes me confident on the less than $800 target.