Thread DetailsLast Edited by jersharocks October 5, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Looks like it now includes $45 prepaid card, making it even a better deal!!! Thanks Fadz for pointing this out.
Phone would be brand new and should come with Apple's warranty.
How to unlock this phone:
1. Do not turn the phone on, don't even open the box.
2. Go to this web site: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/
3. Check I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device.
4. This is super important, check Non-AT&T Mobility Customer. Do this by selecting "No" where it asks "Are you an AT&T wireless customer?"
5. Fill out the form, including the IMEI number which is located on the Box
7. You will be sent an email with a link to confirm
8. Open your email and confirm
9. Phone is unlocked
Your device must have been active for at least 6 months of paid service.
100s of slickdealers have unlocked using this method, so not a risk
Agree there is no risk since everyone on thread have tried and are able to unlock using the correct method.
$45 card is good for 30-days (refill is 90-day). If this card is activated for an unlocked phone done by the steps given in OP - AT&T may deactivate the card due to invalid phone. I was asked to provide a receipt! This means you won't be able to sell your $45 activation card legitimately, nor will some/all cards (some are $10 on the auction site!!) remain activated! See posts at end of thread.
Now on sale 11-24-16 for $169.99 w/ $45 card
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.