Note, FreedomPop service is compatible with most unlocked GSM AT&T or T-Mobile Phones (Android 4.0+ or iOS 7.0+)
- FreedomPop Global SIM Kit (Voice/Text/Data Bundle)
- 1GB of FreedomPop Bonus Data
- 1GB Global Unlimited Trial
- FreedomPop Premium Plus Trial
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Use your phone around the world w/ high speed HSPA+ Nationwide 3G. Offer valid while promotion last. You may downgrade to the free plan at any time. Refer to the forum thread for additional details and discussion. -johnny_miller
Global 3-in-1 Sim Card Kit
Global Unlimited Talk, Text, and 1GB Trial
Premium Plus Trial
Free 1GB Bonus
After Christmas Sale: $0.01
Compatible with most unlocked GSM AT&T and Tmobile phones
Use your phone around the world
Free Basic Plan: 200 mins, 500 texts & 200MB
No contract. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
Free unlimited calling & texting between FreedomPop Phones
High Speed HSPA+ and Nationwide 3G
WiFi calling and texting from anywhere
Get a new phone number or keep your own
Free international calling from over 60 countries
Earn additional free data every month by adding friends
Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers
FreedomPop service currently only supports Android and Apple devices running Android 4.0+ and iOS 7.0+
Sim ships activated
This isn't a traditional voice/text/data plan, it is a data plan. Voice service and texts are provided over the data network using the FreedomPop app, not over the voice network. (On Android, it replaces your dialer app. On iOS, it does not use your phone's regular dialer and texting apps, though iMessage should work to another iOS device). Voice service with the FreedomPop app, especially inbound calls, can be unpredictable. If you are using the phone in areas with poor data service, it will have poor voice service.
FreedomPop forum has a lot of information; you may want to check these threads: https://forums.freedomp
Also a good review of global sim is available here: http://www.cranialborb
Do BOTH to get free service (though you may want to make sure your SIM is activated properly before downgrading):
Change to Free Basic Plan
Downgrade from Premier
Note that you may also want to consider ending automatic top-ups, and that will cost $5.
1) What's the deal?
Get a Global 3-in-1 Sim Card ($0.01) w/ Unlimited Talk/Text & 1GB Data Trial + 1GB of BONUS data for your first month! ONE free month trial of Premium Plus Services and FREE shipping.
Global 3-in-1 Sim Card Kit ($15 value)
1GB Bonus ($20 value)
Unlimited Talk, Text, & 1GB data Trial ($19.99/mo value)
Premium Plus Trial ($7.99/mo value)
Free Shipping ($14.99 value)
- Compatible with most unlocked GSM AT&T and Tmobile phones
- Use your phone around the world* *(SIM card only gets service the US and Europe)
- Free data in over 25 countries with more constantly being added! https://www.freedompop.
com/worldwide (user edit: ongoing reports of no service in some "supported" countries, i.e. Hungary)
- Free Basic Plan: 200MB with 200min/500 texts!
- No contracts or commitments
- High Speed HSPA+ and Nationwide 3G -> All traffic routed through a UK server causing high latency.
2) Do I need to activate it?
It will arrive to you already activated. You need to update the APN under "cellular networks" settings (explained in the package).
3) What networks does FreedomPop run on?
It runs on HSPA+ and 3G networks.
4) Does this work on Windows?
Partially. FP provides service over VoIP but FP doesn't have a Windows app. So data will work but there is no way to call or text.
5) How do I get even more free data every month?
Add some Friends from this thread- https://slickdeals.net/f/5276432-freedompop-friends to get an additional 500MB of data for free each month. This usually takes a day or two.
6) Why does my second account share and receive data?
Thanks for alerting us to this issue. We're looking into the problem and hope to fix the issue soon. Secondary accounts currently do not have the functionality to share and receive data with your FreedomPop friends. If this is a problem and you need to send and receive data to a global sim account, we advise you to purchase this deal through a new email account. Please make sure to LOG OUT of your current freedompop account and use a new email address when signing up for this deal.
7) If I signed up for a paid plan or trial, how do I downgrade it?
You can downgrade your plans/trials directly on your FreedomPop account page.
8) Have an Account or Billing Issue?
We encourage all our users to come to us first to see if we can explain any charge or resolve any billing issue before further escalation.
9) Customer Support:
You can contact us at http://www.freedompop.
10) Does account get deactivated if not used?
No, but it is put on sleep mode. Activating it again is easy with login.
11) What happens if and when you hit your monthly data limit?
"When you get within 20mb of your limit, FreedomPop will automatically charge you $15 and will add a $15 credit to your account. This credit is then used to pay for data when you go over your limit. You are charged $.02/mb (ie $2 per 100mb). If you use up your credit, you will be charged another $15 and the process will repeat. FreedomPop will do this up to seven times per month.
There are two ways to avoid this.
1) Simply stay at least 20mb below your data limit for the month. In Android, it's easy to set a cellular data warning limit and a hard stop for any monthly period you want to set.
2) Turn off the auto-top-up feature. This costs $5, and you get a $5 credit on your account. Then, when you get within 100mb of you monthly data limit, your data is turned off and disabled until your next monthly data period starts. If this happens and you have a second account, you can switch sims or share 100mb from the second account to the first account via FreedomPop Friends"
(info from http://www.cranialborb