work for you?
- DuroMax XP4850EH Electric Start Generator.
- Extra large 8" Pneumatic Knobby Style Solid Fill Tires.
- Flip-Up Stow Away Handles.
- Generator Tool Kit.
- DuroMax Operating Manual.
Editor's Notes & Price Research
This DuroMax Hybrid Generator offers a 3600 RPM output w/ 8-hour fuel consumption and offers 4850W. Due to regulations this item cannot be sold/shipped to California residents. Includes a 1-Year DuroMax Factory Warranty + 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Detailed item info
The DuroMax XP4850EH Generator is powered by the DuroMax 7 HP engine. The engine can accept high wattage loads, and can operate on propane or gasoline. With a flick of a switch, you can easily change your input source from gasoline to propane. This user-friendly generator can also be started with a recoil start, in case of a battery drain-out. When the oil level reduces drastically, the engine automatically shuts down, thus reducing the damage caused. The muffler reduces engine noise, which makes the generator suitable for use in silent zones.
Only as Strong as Its Core. The DuroMax XP4850EH unit features a 7 Horsepower, Air Cooled Engine and is designed with a Low-Oil Shutoff Sensor to protect the Motor. It offers the switching capability of running on Propane or Gasoline fuels. Built to offer more power and longer lasting durability, The DuroMax XP4850EH Generator has a Cast-Ironed Sleeved, 196cc Engine rated at 7 HP delivering a peak of 4,400 surge watts / 3,500 Constant. This is a sufficient amount of power that can handle an overhead Air Conditioner in a RV to basic house power.
Break in Process:
- upon delivery - PERFORM A FULL INSPECTION. FedEx/UPS is known to sometimes do a number on these generators while in transit. reason is, these are shipped from China strapped together on pallets. the packaging isn't always adequate for individual shipping via UPS/FedEx. make sure nothing is bent, cracked, or broken. presuming everything is OK...
- check the spark plug gap before first run
- use stabil for ALL gas put into this generator
- grab some cheap Super-Tech conventional oil and do the 1st run for no more than 3-5 hours
- drain and refill with more Super-Tech conventional oil and run for another 3-5 hours
(i know that seems excessive, but you will be shocked how many metal shavings come out from these chinese engines early on. the key is to getting rid of them, as much of them, as quickly as possible)
- drain and refill with a full synthetic high quality oil (i use Mobile1 for my gens) that will cover operation during all seasons
- long term storage good practice means you run it dry, then drain the carb and fuel line, then remove the spark plug and put a few drops of oil into the hole and insert the plug back again
(follow other instructions in the manual with regards to the air filter. follow the instructions to the T, go above and beyond, and this chinese gen will last you many many years)
as far as gas cans these days - thanks to the stupid laws the plastic gas cans being sold as new must be sold with spill-proof spouts. essentially they are spring
loaded open/close mechanisms that prevent you from spilling the gas out if the can is tipped over. problem is, most of these spouts leak while pouring and the ones that don't leak pour very slowly due to a lack of venting. the solution at this point is to either drill a hole and install a vent and continue to use the crap spring loaded spout, or replace the spout entirely with the regular one that used to be included on gas cans about a decade ago and use the included vent in the ez pour package. they can be found here and slightly cheaper on ebay: http://www.amazon.com/Replacement...&