Today's Best Lowe's Deals
Voted by the Slickdeals Community
- True Temper Outdoor Yard & Snow Hand Tools - Clearance 50% off @ Lowe's $3.50 YMMV $3.5 103
- Kingsford Match Light 2-Pack 11.6-lb Charcoal Briquettes $3.22 Lowes YMMV $3.20 108
- Lowes various weed and bug killer chemical clearance....YMMV $2.49 $2.49 46
- City Pickers 20" W x 24" L x 10" H Earth Brown Resin Raised Garden Bed at Lowe's $19.98 + Free Shipping $20 74
- Lowes selected grass seed (inc. EZ seed) 50% off, ScottsTriple Shred 1.5-cu ft Mulch 5 for $10 (in-store) $27.50 67
- Select Lowes Stores: True Temper 30" Lawn & Leaf Rake $6.25 + Free Store Pickup $6.25 89
- Kohler Cavata White Round Comfort Height Toilet -Lowes B&M, YMMV -$75 $75 73
- Lowe's: Style Selections Euro 24.5-in Gray Single Sink Bathroom Vanity $99 (Reg. $209) $99 33
- Troy built self propelled 2 stage snow blower $149.95 YMMV Lowes $149.95 29
- Kobalt Universal 115-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Matte Mechanic's Tool Set $31 - YMMV $31 20
- Kingsford Charcoal Professional Briquettes and Kingsford Long Burning 11.1-lb Charcoal Briquettes $4.94 $5 each 39
- Crabgrass Control: 1-Gal ORTHO Weed B Gon $3.24, 1.3-Gal Spectracide Weed Stop for Lawn from $3.24 + Free Store Pickup at Select Lowe's *YMMV $3.24 24
Transforming your house into the home of your dreams doesn't have to cost a fortune. Lowe's offers its customers plenty of ways to save money on their home improvement needs and remodeling projects with storewide promotions, coupons and rebates — and we're sharing some popular tips to help you maximize those savings.
1. Ask for a price match
When it comes to getting great deals at Lowe's, you may want to pay more attention to other stores' prices. Lowe's will match any competitor's price (including shipping and handling). In fact, Lowe's will even price match online retailers like Amazon. Keep in mind that price matches must be completed in-store, however.
2. Use competitors' coupons
Speaking of competitors, you'll want to keep an eye on other stores' coupons, as well. While Lowe's offers its own coupons on occasion (like $15 off a $50 purchase, for example), they also generally accepts coupons from retailers like Home Depot, Ace Hardware and Menards. Some Lowe's shoppers have even had luck using coupons from smaller, locally based retailers. Ultimately, whether or not a coupon qualifies is left to the discretion of each store's manager.
3. Visit the post office
The U.S Postal Service offers exclusive "mover savings" packets to anyone who completes a change of address form online, but they're also available upon request at your local USPS branch (even if you're not actually moving).
These savings packets often include a 10%-off coupon for Lowe's. You can use this voucher in-store or online as you please, but each coupon has its very own barcode and is therefore limited to a single use.
People are also reading: 9 Tips for Shopping at Home Depot
4. Do some haggling
If you notice an item with a damaged box or spot a floor-model version of a product you need, see if a Lowe's employee will work with you on the price. Each associate can take up to $50 off certain items if customers make the request, so don't be shy.
Most stores even have a specific section for damaged goods with a wide range of savings on everything from scratched appliances to unwanted gallons of paint.
5. Buy in bulk
At Lowe's, the more you buy, the more you save, which is especially helpful when you're building a home or working on an extensive remodeling project. Look for products that feature yellow "Contractor Pack" labels to score lower prices when you purchase these items in high quantities.
Similarly, it's smart to visit the ProServices desk and let a store employee know that you plan to buy in bulk. Lowe's offers volume discount pricing in addition to the contractor bundles, and you can save between 5% and 50% depending on your purchase.
6. Shop online
One of the easiest ways to save money at Lowe's is by shopping online. The store's website includes a Savings Center with 30% to 50% off certain departments, as well as an extra-special promotion on one specific item each day. But what's really wonderful about shopping online is that you can choose to pick your items up in-store. This allows you to compare the online price with the in-store price, which sometimes differs slightly. The store, of course, will honor the lower of the two thanks to its Price Protection policy. (Shoppers report that online prices are usually your better deal.)
7. Use the Lowe's credit card
If you plan on doing a lot of shopping at Lowe's for your home improvement needs, then applying for the store's credit card may just prove beneficial. Cardholders receive their choice of either 5% off storewide or special financing on purchases over $299, saving you some serious cash on costly remodeling projects.
8. Enjoy special discounts
At Lowe's, veterans and their immediate family members qualify for 10% off their entire purchase ($5,000 max) with a valid military ID. This discount is available to current service members, VA recipients and retired veterans with at least 20 years of service. All other veterans are extended the same savings on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and Veterans Day.
9. Know when to shop
The store discounts all kinds of home improvement must-haves throughout the year, but some savings are at their peak during specific months and seasons:
- March through September: save on garden supplies, grills, patio furniture and outdoor decor.
- May through August: save on flooring, paint, lighting, sinks, faucets, cabinets and windows.
- November through December: save on tools, storage and cleaning products.
You'll also want to shop the store's "Sidewalk Sales," which usually take place a few times per year on the first or last Saturday of the month. Lowe's uses these events to get rid of older merchandise, clearance items and store returns, offering savings of up to 90% on everything from decorative accents to major appliances.
10. Look for rebates
Always check the store's online Rebate Center for relevant manufacturer rebates and information on potential tax credits or utility refunds. These incentives can help you narrow down your search for a specific appliance, and Lowe's makes it easy to browse and submit current rebate offers or check on a submitted rebate's status.
11. Stay connected
As with most stores, it's a good idea to sign up for Lowe's emails if you want to stay updated on current sales and available coupons. The store also has a mobile app for iOS and Android, and app users occasionally receive exclusive in-app savings.
Register for a MyLowe's account to get easier returns, handy shopping lists and a record of previous purchases (which can make life easier when you can't remember the exact shade of paint you used in your bedroom). You can also link your MyLowe's account to their app to make accessing your account even easier. Slickdealers with green thumbs will also want to join Lowe's Garden Club. Members receive a free weekly newsletter that includes discounts on plants and gardening supplies, so you can make your home's exterior just as pretty as its interior.
Images courtesy of Lowe's.