Recent Macy's News
Rowland Macy opened his New York City dry goods store in 1858. Macy's thrived, eventually expanding to 11 neighboring buildings and carrying the variety of goods that made it the first department store. By 1924, Macy's had become the largest store in the world. The first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then called Macy's Christmas Parade, took place that same year.
|Best Discount:||50% Off|
Macy's is generous with bargains and Macy's coupons, so check the website or television and newspaper ads for the frequent Macy's sales. You'll find them in various departments, where you can score as much as 60% off items such as Macy's men's clothing, home decor or furniture.
Save With Macy's Sales
Whether you shop in-store or online, visit the home page of Macy's website. You'll see all the current Macy's offers and sales in one place. Be on the lookout for:
- Select styles on clearance for up to 70% off.
- Deals of the Day for special discounts, sometimes on already discounted merchandise.
- Bonus buys, which are items with a percentage off when you buy it in conjunction with another item.
Macy's credit card holders save even more with offers from the Star Rewards program.
Save on Shipping
Get free shipping with a $25 or more order, Star Rewards membership or order online and pick up in-store for free. If your purchases are in stock, you can often pick them up in two hours.
Shop Smart Via the App
Use the Macy's app list function to get notification of price drops on Macy's handbags or other products. Let the app push notifications to you, and you'll hear about Macy's coupon codes and special events right away. You can even use the app to find items in store and check prices for the best deals.
If you have questions or need information, call Macy's customer service number, 1-800-289-6229, or call your local store directly. To find the number or address for a store, visit the Contact Us page on the site, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Store Hours link.
7 Ways to Save Big at Macy's
Let’s start with the inside scoop: Here are a few tried-and-true techniques some Slickdealers have used at Macy’s to stretch their hard-earned dollars:
- Shopping online? Try abandoning your cart. Macy’s has been known to send customers coupons on items left behind as an incentive to buy.
- Shopping inside a Macy’s store? Connect to the store’s Wi-Fi for a potential coupon.
- If you see an item that you like but notice an imperfection, you can ask a sales associate for a discount. Associates are typically allowed to deduct a small percentage for damaged or imperfect merchandise, which could include a missing button or perhaps a cosmetics stain. Don’t abuse this, of course, but keep it in mind in case you see an item that simply needs a little TLC to get back to its original state.
- Sign up for store emails to receive coupons and sale alerts. (A no-brainer, but still.)
- No coupon? No problem. Ask about any current offers at the cash register. Sales associates typically have any available coupons on hand, and most are happy to scan them for you.
- Call for help. My mom (yes, she’s a Slickdealer) recently phoned customer service after her online Macy’s transaction glitched, and she scored 20% off her purchase for the inconvenience. If you’re experiencing technical issues or are confused by a coupon’s fine print, contact customer service to get things resolved. You’ll likely get a promo code applied to your order just for making the phone call.
1. Shop During Macy’s One Day Sale
Ask most Macy’s shoppers about the store’s best promotions, and they’ll likely mention the popular “One Day Sale.” Despite the name, this promotion actually lasts for two days — and shopping on the “Preview Day” of these sales gets you the same deals with fewer crowds. One Day Sales usually include 20%-off coupons and a range of discounts storewide, but you’ll want to check the clearance section for the biggest savings, with items marked down by as much as 65%.
“Super Saturday” sales usually include a %-off savings pass and a coupon for $10 off $25 or even $20 off $50. Unfortunately, you can’t combine these two offers — Macy’s limits customers to one coupon per transaction. Other popular promotions include sporadic “Pop-Up” sales and bi-annual “Friends & Family” events (usually 20% to 25% off, respectively).
Of course, some Slickdealers have noticed that these sales events don’t always have the lowest prices. Do your homework by checking out pre-sale prices. Once the sale has started, see if the list price went up to determine if you’re actually getting a good deal. After all, Macy’s was recently sued for allegedly fudging its listed MSRPs to make sale prices look more impressive.
2. Utilize promo codes and savings passes.
The store offers frequent coupons and promotions, which you can find over on our Macy’s coupon page. Known as a “Savings Pass” or “WOW! Pass,” these coupons offer percent- or dollar-off discounts throughout the store, and can often be used for both online and in-store shopping (though WOW! Passes are typically in-store exclusives.)
The list of restrictions on Macy’s coupons reads like a book, so your best bet is to put your items in your shopping cart, apply a code and hope to see a price drop. (No joke — as Slickdealer gogo2390 concluded, the fine print “pretty much excludes everything.”) Also, the code may say 25% off, but oftentimes that discount varies from department to department. In other words, you may get 25% off pajamas but only 10% off cookware. One steadfast rule, however, is that these savings passes and promo codes won’t apply to Deals of the Day, DoorBusters or WebBusters.
3. Earn (and redeem) Macy’s Money.
If you’re familiar with “Kohl’s Cash,” you’ll find that the same basic principles apply to Macy’s Money. During select time periods, Macy’s rewards its customers with Macy’s Money to use toward future purchases. For instance, you can earn $10 for every $50 you spend either online or in stores.
One great thing about Macy’s Money is that you can use it in combination with any ongoing promo code since it’s applied as a rewards card and not as a coupon. However, it’s only valid for a limited timeframe, so check the expiration date.
4. Score free shipping on every order.
For most of us, online shopping is an absolute dream, especially when we get free shipping. Macy’s standard shipping rate is $10.95 for orders less than $99 and free shipping for orders of $99+. Of course, the store regularly offers reduced shipping costs ($8 or $5 flat-rate shipping) and oftentimes lowers its free-shipping minimum to $49 or even $25 — but there’s one guaranteed way to get free shipping on each and every Macy’s order you make: Just add a beauty product to your cart. All beauty purchases ship free, and you’ll find items for as low as $4. Not a beauty buff? Shop through the Macy’s app and pick your order up in your local store free of charge. Macy’s also offers free returns by mail, which is the best.
5. Take advantage of cardholder perks.
Depending on your circumstances and how often you shop at Macy’s, opening a store charge card could potentially increase your savings.
First off, there are two types of Macy’s cards: the Macy’s credit card and the Macy’s American Express card. Each one includes “Star Rewards” that are earned on a tiered level depending on how much you spend in a year. These incentives down per tier, from “Preferred” members to “Elite” and “Premier Elite” customers.
Additionally, the Macy’s American Express card can be used anywhere American Express is accepted and includes exclusive travel offers for Premier Elite members only.
A Macy’s Star Pass is a cardholder-only perk that’s issued between three and 12 times per year, depending on your spending level. These passes may give you a certain discount off your next purchase can’t be combined with an in-store coupon or online promo code.
Macy’s cardholders can also enroll in Plenti to maximize their savings. This free-to-join rewards program lets customers shop at different stores (Macy’s, Rite Aid, AT&T, Exxon, Mobil and Nationwide, for example) while earning points on their total purchases. Without a Macy’s credit card, you only earn one point for every $10 you spend, while purchases made with a Macy’s credit card or Macy’s American Express card, earns one point for every dollar spent and two points for every dollar spent on beauty and fragrance purchases. Macy’s American Express cardholders can also earn double points on qualifying purchases at gas stations and grocery stores.
Another benefit of opening a Macy’s charge card is that the store will give you 15% to 20% off your first purchase. This is a one-time-only type of deal, so use it wisely, and note that the discount maxes out at $100.
Keep in mind that the APR for Macy’s credit cards is currently a whopping 25.74%… so proceed with caution.
6. Set up a gift or wedding registry.
Another great way to save money at Macy’s is by creating a wedding or gift registry, because you’ll get rewards on purchases you make and gifts you receive. Here’s the trick: If you’re a Macy’s cardholder, you can enroll in the Star Rewards program outlined above. When you open a wedding or gift registry as a Star Rewards member, you’ll earn 10% on the items you buy, plus 5% on registry items your guests purchase for you. You’ll receive your rewards in the form of a Macy’s gift card.
7. Download the Macy’s app.
Be sure to download the Macy’s app if you haven’t already (right now, you’ll score an extra 25% off on your first order just by doing so). You can scan barcodes for prices, receive deal alerts and browse the weekly sales all from your mobile device. As I mentioned earlier, you can also buy online through the mobile app and pick up your items in store free of charge.
Another great aspect of the Macy’s app is that it stores the latest offers, Macy’s Money and payment options in your mobile wallet to allow for a quick and easy transaction. Plus, you can pay for your order using PayPal One Touch or Apple Pay.
Slickdeals is the leading crowdsourced shopping platform:
- Slickdeals strives to offer a comprehensive coverage of the best coupons, promo codes and promotions for thousands of different stores like Macy's. We have a dedicated team that works around the clock to find, post and verify the offers we present to consumers.
- In the last 20 years, Slickdeals has saved online shoppers over $6.8 billion.
- We have 11 million active savvy shoppers, you can join our community by signing up.
- Slickdeals is the eighth largest online shopping destination in the U.S
- Download our Slickdeals chrome extension, get the best prices and auto apply coupons.
- Get great savings and deals at your fingertips by downloading our Slickdeals Mobile App on iOS or Android.
|1||Take 20% Off Sitewide with Promo Code||Until 08/08/2021|
|2||Get 25% Off Your Next Order with Macy's Account Creation||Ongoing|
|3||Get Up to 50% Off Back-To-School Gear + Extra 20% Off w/ Coupon Code||Until 08/08/2021|
|4||Macy's August 2021 Coupons, Promo Codes, and Sales||Ongoing|
|5||Take an Extra 10% Off Furniture, Mattresses & Small Appliances||Until 08/15/2021|