work for you?
Echelon EX3 Smart Connect Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike (Black) EXPIRED
Amazon has Echelon EX3 Smart Connect Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike (Red / Black) on sale for $539. Shipping is free.
Thanks to community member nook1e for finding this deal.
About this product:
- Click here to see Slickdeals member nook1e's excellent, detailed write0up on this product.
- Dimensions (assembled): 48.81" L x 19.88" W x 43.7" H
- Weight: 120 lbs.
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- About this deal:
- This deal is $460 off (46% savings) the retail list price of $999.
- Our research indicates that this offer is $140.99 lower (20.73% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $679.95 and higher.
- Ratings & Reviews:
- This product has earned an impressive 4.3 out 5 star rating based on 700 customer reviews on Walmart.
- About this store:
- This product qualifies for Walmart's free 90-day return / exchange policy and Amazon free return policy.
- Don't have Amazon Prime? Students can get a free 6-Month Amazon Prime trial with free 2-day shipping, unlimited video streaming & more.
- If you're not a student, there's also a free 1-Month Amazon Prime trial available.
Bike retails for $999
Typically on sale for $799. Sometimes drops to about $700 for special sales and seasons.
Color: Red/Black only
Note: There is no class fitness trial membership included with this bike.
The Echelon Connect had a 90-day trial membership.
Although it would have been nice to try it out, I'm planning to use Peleton anyway (better and cheaper).
Amazon also has the same price but no Honey Gold available.
Alternatively, Costco has the EX4s currently on sale for $799 which includes a 1-year class fitness membership and has a built-in screen. I'm not planning to use the Echelon membership long-term and don't believe you can hack/use the built-in screen for say Peleton so wanted an Echelon bike without one.
Useful links in previous SD Echelon threads:
Suggestions and using Peleton: https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Difference between Echelon bikes: https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
From everything I've read/seen, the build quality on the EX3 is better and there are a few additional features/improvements it has (heavier flywheel, tablet holder, dumbbell caddy, more handlebar adjustments, magnetic resistance, clip-in pedals). Don't quote me on all those; I may be misremembering some!
Guess the question is if that is worth the extra ~200 to you long-term. They both have a 1-year warranty.