Why work when you can play?
Do you have a keen eye for a good deal? Know where to find the best savings? Enthusiastic about saving people money?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may have a place for you at Slickdeals.net as a Content Manager.
Slickdeals is seeking a Content Manager who will be responsible for evaluating and managing the deal content that appears on Slickdeals. This position will work closely with merchants, our business development team, and our deal editors to ensure that we can deliver the right deals, in the right places, to the right people. You will also be the de-facto Manager for the Deal Editors. The Content Manager will have a mix of responsibilities ranging from deal negotiation, to deal creation and consulting, to quality assurance.
You will be part of a dynamic team in a small company that has been around since 1999, but still has a startup feel. We wear a lot of hats around here, and we’re looking for someone who is flexible and imaginative too. You should have impeccable organizational skills and are always planning ahead, with the ability to multi-task and juggle a lot of tasks. You will need to be open-minded and able to evaluate not only what the community wants, but what the community needs, and even identify new opportunities and partnerships. This is a full-time, salaried position at the Slickdeals HQ in Las Vegas.
- Ensuring that we have complete deal coverage on Slickdeals.net (no deals missed).
- Finding new deals, categories, and offers for the Slickdeals Community.
- Working with merchant partners to negotiate deals and create exclusive offers for our Slickdeals members.
- Managing and supporting the team of Deal Editors.
- Creating policies and procedures to ensure that content is formatted correctly, with all the necessary information.
- Establishing procedures that ensure our deals are the best, including research and comparison guidelines.
- Ensuring that our category and store pages have the appropriate content.
- Managing categories and tags to match the needs of the community.
- Managing Newsletter Content.
- Managing “Stickied” deals, and ensuring expired content is flagged quickly.
- High School Diploma; Some college preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience required, preferably in a start-up environment.
- Extremely well organized with a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Available with flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to travel with the Business Development Team to various events.
- Strong in Microsoft Office programs (Office, Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Must be an all-around team player with a long-term commitment to this role.
- Must like dogs. And steak. Please have a sense of humor too. Actually, that’s required.
This position is available for full-time employment, but we are also considering internship opportunities. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and will be expected to relocate to the Los Angeles, CA or Las Vegas, NV area.