Why work when you can play?
Are you finding yourself always trying out new front end design techniques? Do you like reading Smashing Magazine or UX Magazine? Have you fiddled with HTML5 and CSS3 but know the reasons when you should and shouldn’t use them? Do you enjoy creating web designs and attractive graphics? Do you strive for efficient, minimalistic, yet appealing designs?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may have a place for you at Slickdeals.net as a User Experience Engineer.
We’re looking for creative, motivated web developers who also have a passion for finding deals and saving money! This position will be ideal for web developers who have a focus on front-end design. This position will involve the creation of user interface designs for the Slickdeals website. The ideal candidate is up to date on the latest web tech and trends and are always trying new things out. They hear the phrase “AJAX” and point out that its nothing new. They know a thing or two about scalability and how to make each line of code worth the bytes they take up. They desire to work for a small company where they know they don’t have to cut through a lot of red tape to get things done.
- Designing, developing, testing, and debugging web applications for the Slickdeals website.
- Designing and developing user interface solutions for web sites and web applications.
- Working with our Software Engineers to roll out a complete product for the Slickdeals.net website
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all programs and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have an existing portfolio that showcases design work.
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS/PHP/MYSQL).
- Extremely detail oriented. Strives for pixel perfect implementation in all browsers.
- Unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces, with a strong understanding of color theory and user habits.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components.
- Experience working with HTML/CSS/JS in high-performance environments.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well independently as well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to understand code written by others.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Additional desired experience:
- Experience with Jquery, WordPress, and vBulletin.
- Experience with mobile frameworks.
- Experience with SOAP/REST/XML/JSON.
- Experience with Photoshop or Fireworks.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with user interface techniques for highly scalable and high traffic websites.
This position is available for full-time employment, but we are also considering internship opportunities. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and will be expected to relocate to the Las Vegas, NV area.