What Types of Information Does Slickdeals.net Collect From Me?
Slickdeals will collect the personal information you provide when you register, take a survey, sign up for notifications, register for a sweepstakes or giveaway, email us or otherwise send us your information. This information may include your name, email address and other information that can be used to identify you. You can use some of the Services without providing any personal information but some features may not be available.
Each time you use the Services, Slickdeals also collects other, non-personal information from you, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous web site you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your IP Address. If you access the Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device. If you receive email from us, we will track related information such as if an email is opened and whether you click on an ad or offer in the email. In addition, like the operators of most web sites, Slickdeals uses analytic and reporting technologies to record information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, and the dates and times that the Properties and the other Services are accessed.
If you log in via a third party service like Facebook or Google, we will access the information described in the request for authorization. You should review your privacy settings with these third party services to be sure you are only sharing information you wish to share.
What About Cookies?
Do Third Parties Gather My Information?
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Properties. These companies may use non-personal information (i.e., not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to the Properties and other online properties (e.g., Web sites, mobile sites and apps) in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. We may also permit third parties to gather non-personal information about our users and to use and share that information with other companies to help them provide relevant advertising on and off our Properties.
How Does Slickdeals Use My Information?
Slickdeals uses the information collected from users for the following purposes:
- To customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
- To fulfill your requests for certain Services.
- To send you information that you agreed to receive about topics that we think will be of interest to you.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Services.
When Will Slickdeals Disclose My Information to Third Parties?
We may make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people. For example:
- Information you disclose when you participate in community and social networking features will be shared with other users. Slickdeals is not responsible for the information you disclose in public forums and we strongly recommend that you only disclose your personal information to other users that you know to be trustworthy.
- We may share information you allow us to share when you register with us, or through a subsequent affirmative election.
- We may share information with third party vendors who are providing services on our behalf, such as data processing and hosting.
- User information may be shared in connection with an actual or potential merger, sale or acquisition of Slickdeals, or in the event of a sale or transfer of all or some of our assets.
- We may share your information in order to (i) protect or defend our legal rights or property or the rights/property of our other users, business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of our users or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for other risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
Slickdeals uses commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information. However, despite these measures, no method of online transmission or storage is 100% secure.
Consent to Processing
Slickdeals collects, processes and stores information in the United States. By using the Services outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States and other countries or territories. The laws on personal information in the United States may vary and be less stringent than laws of your state or country.
What About Children’s Privacy?
The Slickdeals Services are only for users ages 13 and older. Accordingly, Slickdeals will not knowingly collect any information from a child under the age of 13.
Thirteen to Seventeen
Slickdeals insists that prospective users between the ages of 13 and 17 using the Services should be under their parents’ or legal guardian’s supervision while using the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, users who are California residents may request and receive once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you wish to make such a request, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 10300 West Charleston Blvd, #13-131, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135.
What About Cookies?
Last updated September 6, 2013