Official Rules: Slickdeals Holiday Giveaway 2011
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT LEAST 18 YEARS OR AGE OF MAJORITY IN STATE OF RESIDENCE AND OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS RESIDING IN HAWAII OR ALASKA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTAGE OR SHIPPING COSTS.
Administrator & Prize Provider:
Slickdeals, Inc. 10300 W. Charleston Blvd. #13-131 Las Vegas, NV 89135
PO Box 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850
PO Box 6500, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682
PO Box 222, Lemont, IL 60439
Electronic Arts, Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065
12611 Hiddencreek Way Unit A/B
600 W. Chicago Ave. Ste. 620, Chicago, IL 60654
1009 Think Place Morrisville, NC 27560
Perry Ellis International
3000 NW 107th Ave., Miami, FL 33172
Hewlett Packard, Inc.
3000 Hanover St. Palo Alto, CA 94304
2218 East Williams Field Road Suite 250, Gilbert, AZ 85295
Sweepstakes Entities: Slickdeals, Inc. and all Sponsors
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the “Slickdeals Holiday Giveaway 2011” (the “Sweepstakes”) operated on the Slickdeals web site accessible at the domain “Slickdeals.net” (the “Slickdeals Service”), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users (as defined below) of the Slickdeals Service; (b) legal residents of one (1) of the Fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia and (c) who are at least 18 or age of majority in their state of residence and older at the date of entry into this Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Registered Users” means persons who have successfully completed the registration form and have obtained a Username (“ID”) and associated password (“Password”) on the Slickdeals Service. Employees, independent contractors and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing, “immediate family” mean parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on November 21, 2011 at 12:00:01 AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 11, 2011 (“Promotion Period”).
4. How To Enter and Play: The Slickdeals Holiday Giveaway 2011 (“Sweepstakes”) is actually a series of 10 sweepstakes, with each sweepstakes starting at a different time and each running for a minimum of one week. Starting on 11/21, the rightmost portion of the “Giveaway Banner”, which can be found at the top of the Slickdeals website, will link to that day’s featured giveaway. The url of the linked-to page will be directly accessible throughout the promotion, and will serve as the “Giveaway Page” for each of the individual sweepstakes.
5. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected at random from the pool of entries for each given contest. Each prize will be distributed from the list as winners are drawn. Promotion Period and number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning. All Potential Prize Winners are subject to verification of eligibility under these Official Rules.
6. Prizes and Odds of Winning: There will be one or more prize (specific prizes to be announced at the start of each Sweepstakes) for each Sweepstakes, with an approximate retail value as follows:
For the Sweepstakes starting on 11/21: $5,000 ARV
Total ARV: $102,500
The odds of winning each individual S12weepstakes are independent and depend on the total number of entrants.
7. Prize Restrictions: Sweepstakes Entities do not make, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize , including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition. Prize will be awarded provided they are properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, of Prize permitted, but Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to substitute a Prize of equal value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Entrants acknowledge that the stated parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prize Winner. Prize Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Prize they receive.
9. Winner Notification: Prize Winners will be notified at the end of the Promotion Period. A potential Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified at the discretion of the Administrator, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. In order to receive a Prize, a potential Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to properly execute and return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if a Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Prize Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Prize Winner’s name, Promotion list, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation solely in connection with the Sweepstakes and identifying a Prize Winner.
12. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or the Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of the any part of a Prize shall in no way prevent Sweepstakes Entities from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion, believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Prize Winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
15. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
16. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising, marketing or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
17. Prizes and Prize Winners. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, dealers and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third party’s person (including death) or property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
18. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winners, hereby releases and agree to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
19. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DEALERS AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING, MARKETING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES & PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
22. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Nevada, in the city of Las Vegas, in Clark County, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 23 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Nevada, in the city of Las Vegas, in Clark County.
24. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 28, 2012 to Slickdeals Holiday Giveaway c/o Slickdeals, Inc. 10300 W. Charleston Blvd. #13-131 Las Vegas, NV 89135. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules: Slickdeals Holiday Giveaway” for receipt by December 2, 2011. Residents from VT may omit postage on the self-address envelope requesting a copy of the Official Rules. The name of the Prize Winners may, and Official Rules will, be posted on the Slickdeals website.