I've been eyeing this OBDII scanner for my vehicle and today Amazon put a 10% off coupon. Normally its $99.95
Easy $10 off.
89.95 /w Prime
Lemur Vehicle Monitors
BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android
Yes, there are plenty of other OBD2 scanners out there.
Why I believe this product will be better:
1) The feedback how your car is living, with more codes, will help you find what's wrong with your car and help keep it up to shape.
2) Plug this bad boy in and diagnose your own car saving your money at the mechanic shops. This should pay for itself just for this reason.
3) Buying a used car? Plug this in and see recently cleared codes.
4) Run a diagnostic on the car without requiring the check-engine light to be on (mode9 diagnostics)
5) Export data. Share with friend or mechanic.
6) You can leave it plugged in. It wont drain your battery.
You have to use their app (won't work with 3rd party apps). However, their app is free and has a lot of tools already.